90G stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snowfire

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm in the process of getting a new tank (90G) and started another thread about setting it up so now have a good plan of what I'm going to do!
The tank will be planted mainly with amazon swords at one end to create a 'chill out' zone there will be some bog wood through the middle and a few smaller plants along the back to create a large swimming area :)
My current tank has 2 angelfish who aren't the best of pals, definitely not a pair and I would like to move them, along with 2 SAE to the larger tank. They were the same size when I bought them but one (Spot) is now much bigger than the other (stripes) & getting boisterous in the 30g tank.
What I am thinking of doing stock wise once 90g is set up would
1) move Stripes & the 2 Sae to the new tank.
2) add 8 Colombian tetra
3) add new small angels ?3/4
Leave these guys to settle in for a couple of weeks.
4) Finally move Spot who I'm hoping will have forgotten that he's the boss and be nice to everyone :)

Could this work?

As long as you make Spot the ''new'' fish in the tank it should work. Be sure that all of the fish need the same water conditions.

Ok, so the plan is working so far. I have the SAEs, stripes and three new small angels in the tank. The small angels have been in a week and are doing really well, they seem to be growing already :) I guess there isn't much competition for food at the moment so they're getting a good share. I've been testing the water regularly and all fine with nitrate only just over 5 today.

My stocking ideas have changed a bit and I'm now thinking about Diamond tetras and marbled hatchet fish.
When would it be best to add these? Which should I add first and what would be the most I could add of each?
I really don't want them to be overcrowded.
The tank is 4' long and 2' tall.

Back
Top Bottom