Dwarf Cichlids!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wish I could get a pic of my male cockatoo he is looking really cool still has some coloring to go thouh. I've seen about 6 colors in him.

Like this!?

Attachments

• image-4231827197.jpg
    image-4231827197.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 70
  • image-1735994737.jpg
    image-1735994737.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 70
yeah pretty similar. His spike and tail are red there's a bluish stripe down his dorsal under the red spike yellow body with some bluish and black in it orangeish-rust coloration on his pectoral fins. One day ill be able to show him off hopefully sooner than later.lol

He means like this lol

Nice mine has a little more bluish hues but I hope mine gets that vibrant he is still kinda young yet. What do you feed yours I feed mine once a day NLS Red and the occasional boodworm snack. I was feeding him NLS small fish formula but found the red and switched. I did notice once I hooked my co2 system back up he started showing more color. My Ph was 7.6-7.8 now its closer to 7.2-7.4 I have been thinking about starting to use part ro water to bring the kh and gh down some my tds from my tap is 180 and they came from a tank with peat as a substrate. So I'm thinkin recreating there natural water might help considering they are first generation from wild caught (f1's)

Nice mine has a little more bluish hues but I hope mine gets that vibrant he is still kinda young yet. What do you feed yours I feed mine once a day NLS Red and the occasional boodworm snack. I was feeding him NLS small fish formula but found the red and switched. I did notice once I hooked my co2 system back up he started showing more color. My Ph was 7.6-7.8 now its closer to 7.2-7.4 I have been thinking about starting to use part ro water to bring the kh and gh down some my tds from my tap is 180 and they came from a tank with peat as a substrate. So I'm thinkin recreating there natural water might help considering they are first generation from wild caught (f1's)

Mine gets the blues too I will try to find a picture with the blue showing better. I feed mine Thera a, cobalt flakes (his females are to small for pellets) blood and blackworms. Apistogramma cacatuoides is a clear water species so under 7 isn't necessary and moderately soft will work. My ph is 7.0 flat with nearly no hardness because of the ro I use. They just get the same treatment that my wild caughts do.

RO is a good idea I just started using it. Btw the pH doesn't affect them unless the acidity goes with it which Co2 has no effect on. I would say it was coincidence but I'm sure he appreciates the foliage. Unless your interested in breeding I wouldn't worry about RO

Won't look like the photo above then... That fish is a. cacatuoides "double red", which is a strain created for the hobby by selective breeding. Wild type cacatuoides will not look like this.

Back
Top Bottom