Dwarf Cichlids!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GBR, the pair has been in the tank for 3-4 months. They get fed omega 1 flakes and blood worms 2 times a week. Everyones always active and eating. Only other inhabitants are 5 neon tetras and 3 kuhli loaches.

Which fins? If the front fins have black on them, it means its a female. Of course there's such bad genetics that doesn't mean anything. Unless you got some wild caughts or early generations.

Well I've observed some very interesting behavior with my apistogramma cacatuoides that I would like to share with my other dwarf lovers.

So as I posted my apistogramma cacatuoides have fry. In the tank I have a male and three females. So one of the the females laid eggs and started to take care of her young once they hatched. I never new she had eggs as I would see all three everyday and never saw any spawning behavior except two got there brood dress a week or so ago. Well day one (day one I noticed fry) they were beyond wigglers and swimming on their own, there was over 20 of them. Today (day 2) I find a female in dress with only about 5 fry dueling with the male. So I assume she or he started eating the fry and they started fighting a little bit. Then after looking around I noticed some more fry on the opposite side of the tank and then a female with a bunch of them. So I came to the conclusion that they female with 5 rounded them up and stole them as here on. Which is kind of funny and criminal like lol

Well I've observed some very interesting behavior with my apistogramma cacatuoides that I would like to share with my other dwarf lovers.

So as I posted my apistogramma cacatuoides have fry. In the tank I have a male and three females. So one of the the females laid eggs and started to take care of her young once they hatched. I never new she had eggs as I would see all three everyday and never saw any spawning behavior except two got there brood dress a week or so ago. Well day one (day one I noticed fry) they were beyond wigglers and swimming on their own, there was over 20 of them. Today (day 2) I find a female in dress with only about 5 fry dueling with the male. So I assume she or he started eating the fry and they started fighting a little bit. Then after looking around I noticed some more fry on the opposite side of the tank and then a female with a bunch of them. So I came to the conclusion that they female with 5 rounded them up and stole them as here on. Which is kind of funny and criminal like lol

Haha that is funny. We've seen similar behavior with ramirezi though. Where the loner male decides "Hey! Those are MY eggs now!!"

Hi everyone.

I recently aquired some pandas 2f from a friend and got a male from a lfs about a week ago. The 2f habe been in for some time bit since the male came in im starting to see some ich mostly on one female and the newly aquired male. Any advice/ experinces in getting rid of this with dwarves is appreciated. First signs were 4 days ago and its not getting better. What I've done:

1. Temp up to 30C approx 84 - 85f
2. 50% WC every 24 hours.
3. Gravel vac every 48 hours.

Can dwarves handle a litle salt ? I hate putting treatments in the water but looks like I may have too :(

Hi everyone. I recently aquired some pandas 2f from a friend and got a male from a lfs about a week ago. The 2f habe been in for some time bit since the male came in im starting to see some ich mostly on one female and the newly aquired male. Any advice/ experinces in getting rid of this with dwarves is appreciated. First signs were 4 days ago and its not getting better. What I've done: 1. Temp up to 30C approx 84 - 85f 2. 50% WC every 24 hours. 3. Gravel vac every 48 hours. Can dwarves handle a litle salt ? I hate putting treatments in the water but looks like I may have too :(

Apistogramma doesn't really like heat or salt. I would turn it down to 79 and treat with something like rid ich plus

Apistogramma doesn't really like heat or salt. I would turn it down to 79 and treat with something like rid ich plus

Ok I guess I'll try some treatment then. What brands are recommended? Tank mates are peruvian blue tail tetras. My Q tank isnt cycled / ready yet :(

Ok I guess I'll try some treatment then. What brands are recommended? Tank mates are peruvian blue tail tetras. My Q tank isnt cycled / ready yet :(

Judt use it on the DT, kordon rid ich plus is great. If you want you can get the herb version aswelll. Petsmart and petco have it

Sorry what you mean by DT ? Hoping local store has this don't have petsmart and the like here. Will see this evening

Sorry what you mean by DT ? Hoping local store has this don't have petsmart and the like here. Will see this evening

Alright sounds good! It cleared up my ich after a week of treatment! Well, im a little scepticle about one of my neon tetras but everyone else i good! Didnt loose 1 fish

Ok went to a lcal store I guess the equivalent of petsmart type in the us but with gardening dept and koi's lol. My lfs is closed mondays.

Anyway this is what I bought its all they had. I know its in German but basically says formaldehyde and and green malachites are the working components. 22 drops per 40 liters i have 100 so I was thinking doing half so resistanve can get built up. Suggestions?

ForumRunner_20131014_220919.jpg

Formaldehyde is used in many fish treatments, fresh and marine - fantastic for brooklynella in Clowns. I'd treat white spot on apisto's with Seachem Paraguard.

Some of my new Dwarfs,

Apisto hongsloi
Nannacara anomala

Attachments

• image-1903063804.jpg
    image-1903063804.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 67
  • image-799970674.jpg
    image-799970674.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 70
Back
Top Bottom