Freak's 120 gallon Uaru and crew

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks kind of industrial with the angle iron up the sides.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

So far so good!

Opened up the glass lid and there's a giant crack in the back of it....luckily I had an extra sheet of egg crate laying around for the time being, but I had been saving that for another project :mad:

They're doing work on our water system, so the water is pretty yellow, but it doesn't seem to be affecting any of my other fish lucky enough

Here it is so far!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1452559132.469422.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Your stand wobbly? Mines a bit wobbly..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

So I modified the plans for the shelf a bit, i used the double braces for both shelves on this one instead of the single braces. It made this stand way stronger, but I wasn't able to use the other two shelves as a separate unit as I planned cause it needed a set of double braces. In the end, this thing (knock on wood) seems solid

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1452569556.822991.jpg
I like the driftwood but don't think I have the right piece. Definitely looks different in person but opinions? The idea came from watching Jewels of the Rift, where an altolamprologus sp. hides in a sunken log from an otter. The bristlenose seems to love it

Any wobble is bad wobble where I come from.

The dw does seem to defy gravity. Are you painting the back black.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Went in to check on the tank and found two of my tanganyikan bullheads dead....no signs of a fight or anything....and I think it may have been my breeding pair....they were maybe a couple years old :( sad day

Not a clue. Usually these guys fight with my bristlenose over a cave and can get carved up, had that happen with two in the past. These two were sitting in nearly the same spot, weren't stuck anywhere, and their gills were not discolored. No damage to their bodies whatsoever. AGHHHH frustrating! These guys are not easy to find either :/ luckily I know a store the breeds them...9 hours back home in Michigan....I'm gonna try and grab some next time I visit or have my buddy ship some up to me...

Not a clue. Usually these guys fight with my bristlenose over a cave and can get carved up, had that happen with two in the past. These two were sitting in nearly the same spot, weren't stuck anywhere, and their gills were not discolored. No damage to their bodies whatsoever. AGHHHH frustrating! These guys are not easy to find either :/ luckily I know a store the breeds them...9 hours back home in Michigan....I'm gonna try and grab some next time I visit or have my buddy ship some up to me...

Wow that's odd and frustrating.

The next time you're in town you'll have to check out fishy bizness, Chris has the store rolling pretty good and fins looked to be nose diving a few weeks ago when I was there, I got really terrible service.

Sent from my LGLS770 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Wow that's odd and frustrating.

The next time you're in town you'll have to check out fishy bizness, Chris has the store rolling pretty good and fins looked to be nose diving a few weeks ago when I was there, I got really terrible service.

I can't wait to check out his new place! I miss Michigan for that reason, a fish store in nearly every city, and so many good ones. Definitely not the same here. I live 3 minutes from one and still haven't been to it lol

Hey gillie, wanna go get some bullheads from Dale for me and ship em my way? ;)

I can't wait to check out his new place! I miss Michigan for that reason, a fish store in nearly every city, and so many good ones. Definitely not the same here. I live 3 minutes from one and still haven't been to it lol

Hey gillie, wanna go get some bullheads from Dale for me and ship em my way? ;)

That may be tricky, the guy has to actually be there for any of the bred stuff to be stocked:confused: and he's only there like twice a month now.

Aw man, that sucks....I know he has a breeding pair next door, but he always was terrible at stocking them into the store unfortunately

Back
Top Bottom