Freak's 120 gallon Uaru and crew

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Freakgecko91

Aquarium Advice Addict
Figured I'd start a new update thread on this tank. I'm just leaving a fish store near Baltimore now and I just dropped $66 on a trio of fish. They're going to be the replacement for the regani pike, who has now eaten all $10 of my new lemon tetras, and has started chasing my uaru. He is no longer welcome in my tank and has been posted for sale. I'll leave some time for guessing what the new trio is while I drive home. I'm pretty excited. These can also be found in Brazil, are a cichlid, and are known to spontaneously change their sex (all are born female). All the clues I'm giving, I'm sure if Gillie pops on, he'll hit it right away lol

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Cool! Do you plan to breed them?

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

That's the ultimate goal, although this tank is more focused on uaru so they are my top priority

Look too deep bodied for Filamentosa so they are from south of the Amazon, Rio tapajos maybe;)

I was surprised to find punctulatum for sale locally, at a LFS nonetheless. I paid $22 per adult, kind of pricey but these really aren't available often in my experience. They seem to be settling in well, and the pike seems to have calmed down, but he has a potential buyer lined up

Oh so by also found in Brazil, you meant as part of their range, not found in Brazil like filamentosa. I was thinking maculatus, but you were the mean guy that posted a crinkley in bag pic:p

[Q UOTE=Gillie;3298069]Oh so by also found in Brazil, you meant as part of their range, not found in Brazil like filamentosa. I was thinking maculatus, but you were the mean guy that posted a crinkley in bag pic:p[/QUOTE]

lol my bad, sorry for the confusion!

Pics!
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1445881531.840608.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1445881643.365709.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1445881678.215293.jpg

How dare I try to take pics of the punctulatum! Lol the uaru always think they're the main focus all the time now

I feel like they're going to steal my soul if I stare too long!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Lol Bookster! Larry, Moe, and Curly look quite content with their new tankmates.
Great pics FG!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I love this tank, can't wait to get rid of the pike and fill out the lemon tetras school again lol still need a better light for it, and I still wanna try some lily pads (if anyone has one in their pond that they would be so kind as to donate to me, I'll love you forever haha)

See now you have me wanting to get some crenicara, but I ran across these

I hate fish store prices out here :/ but these have some good size to them. The "male" is about 3-4"

Back
Top Bottom