Freak's 120 gallon Uaru and crew

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So I forgot to update this. The tank is back to being fully stocked in lemons! My gf's anniversary present to me was giving me $100 and driving me to a fish store lol I think she's a keeper

If only I could get her to let me put a tank in our bedroom. I'm thinking a 40 breeder or something similar. She really wants Cardinal tetras, so I think this would be my high light planted and go for a decent tank. I would need a cool apisto species and would rely on Gillie to send those my way lol

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Well after a couple years on here and a little experience with "keepers".... with the utmost confidence and pride.. you've got yourself one! I don't even have a tv in the bedroom anymore haha. Last night was spent figuring out the best place to put another 30l in the cave.. good problem to have. Make your basement your castle sir!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

So I forgot to update this. The tank is back to being fully stocked in lemons! My gf's anniversary present to me was giving me $100 and driving me to a fish store lol I think she's a keeper

If only I could get her to let me put a tank in our bedroom. I'm thinking a 40 breeder or something similar. She really wants Cardinal tetras, so I think this would be my high light planted and go for a decent tank. I would need a cool apisto species and would rely on Gillie to send those my way lol

I am working on it now, how do A. cf. luelingi sound? They're both cool and ultra rare.

Sent from my LGLS770 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1452529508121.jpg
    1452529508121.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 62
You read my mind lol still working on getting her to say yes haha

Haha, great stuff! From afar, her present to you means she's in.
A Keeper indeed!
Nice bedroom tank idea with her fish choice!

Moving the stock from my 20l into the 40b

I want to add some more multis, I'm down to one female unfortunately

So the stand that I have my 20l is where I'm gonna put the 40b but it's a lot more weight and I'm nervous. The stand seems solid, but wasn't built as a tank stand. What do you all think? Mind you that this tank will have 50lbs of sand, as well as 50-75lbs of holey Rock in it (one piece alone is 36lbs)

What kind of stand is it? That will be close to 500lbs man..I just bought one of those steel racks at home depot,$70, can hold 4-40b, ain't pretty, ain't ugly but I'm out of flat space so I'm stacking.

It's like a butchers block kind of stand

It holds the 20l easily, doesn't budge, but this is double the weight

I wouldn't man, maybe if you screw a piece of plywood on the back as a rack brace?

Good choice with the 40b. I was waiting to tell ya this but i might have another mega surprise for ya. If you would like another lily that is.... My all purple lily is splitting into 3, with rhizome shoot offs. Theres only a few hundred of these out there. As it was only created over the last few years. Its barely available, very rare (your cup of tea), and trademarked/copyrighted. I can give it away. But i can not sell it.... It became recognized and celebrated early last year. If your interested, they should be good to go by spring.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Good choice with the 40b. I was waiting to tell ya this but i might have another mega surprise for ya. If you would like another lily that is.... My all purple lily is splitting into 3, with rhizome shoot offs. Theres only a few hundred of these out there. As it was only created over the last few years. Its barely available, very rare (your cup of tea), and trademarked/copyrighted. I can give it away. But i can not sell it.... It became recognized and celebrated early last year. If your interested, they should be good to go by spring.

That'd be awesome! Gonna move the other over to the big tank soon I think, debating on putting the rhimozome into a pot first and making a small cage to keep the uaru away. I don't trust them at all lol

How is the other one doing? Lots of leaves i hope.

I wouldn't man, maybe if you screw a piece of plywood on the back as a rack brace?

It does have 6 points of support though, which is nice. I shoulda asked about stands while I was at Petco...and I really don't feel like driving back into DC right now lol my gf is gonna yell at me for buying another tank lol I threw out 4 tanks when I moved, so whatever haha

It's the wobble factor that would concern me. Remember when I cracked the 40b :/ I thought it was "ok" too.

It's the wobble factor that would concern me. Remember when I cracked the 40b :/ I thought it was "ok" too.

The stand doesn't even budge with the 20l on it

But I hear ya for sure

I called a fish store up near Baltimore that has the better selection in the DMV (DC-Maryland-Virginia) area and they had one, but it was $110, which is more than I spent on the tank and glass lids combined....ughhhhhh I don't know what to do

The stand doesn't even budge with the 20l on it

But I hear ya for sure

I called a fish store up near Baltimore that has the better selection in the DMV (DC-Maryland-Virginia) area and they had one, but it was $110, which is more than I spent on the tank and glass lids combined....ughhhhhh I don't know what to do

I know a guy, but since you're There and not here, might I suggest Home Depot?

Sent from my LGLS770 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom