Pics of my discus spawning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BrianNY

Aquarium Advice Addict
:D Well just as I was posting my wife called me out of the puter room because a pair of discus were in the heat of passion. I grabbed my camera and took the following.

Um Brian? They spawned on the SPONGE? LOL You really need to have a talk with them!

And I'm thrilled for you :) This is SO exciting! I expect a pictorial dairy *grin*

Well I guess a sponge was the closest thing they could find to a waterbed :p

They spawned in a 55g with 7 other discus watching. I've got 6 more discus in a QT 29g (they're all grow outs). I guess I'll be getting another 29g this week just to give this pair they're own love nest.

They spawned in a 55g with 7 other discus watching.

*giggles* Couldn't get em a room?? Seriously tho, neat pics. Do discus usually lay so low to the substrate/floor? My angels always lay in the top 1/3 of the tank.

And let me know if you find a good deal on a 29! I neeeeeed another tank LOL

I'm so jealous! Congrats Brian :) My stupid BF actually said today that he thinks discus are ugly. Screw him...

I want baby discus, awww :mrgreen:

Thanks all. Of course I awoke this morning and all the eggs are gone. Young pairs often eat their eggs and these two are just under 1 1/2 years old. Their first spawn but I'm hopeful of many more :D .

As for discus being expensive, they can be done on a budget. I started by raising juveniles and paid between $60 and $70 each for them. Then I found out I could buy better ones on line for less.

Back
Top Bottom