Video of my 'mixed lake mania'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ronnieroach

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Took a video of my tank from my iphone. It looked good on my phone but horrible once I uploaded it.

Anyway, its my 55gal with about 20 fish all together. I recently added more to cut down on aggression. And as you can see in the video, they chase each other a little but all look very healthy (except that one peacock, who was new & was seen as a threat i think).

I want to upgrade but just can't yet. IMO, i still have some time.

I have a nutty mix, but for now all seems ok. I know most of them are young so each day is gonna be a journey, but to me finding the right tank is part of the fun.

Knowing what I know now, I DEFINITELY would have done it differently but now I dig all of them so I'm praying it works.

ANNND!!! You can literally watch my flameback color up & it's very, VERY cool!! You're welcome haha ;)

Anyway, tell me what ya think!!

Convict2161 said:
Looks pretty awesome to me roach! Good job man!!

Thanks homie!!

I had to get rid of my DW so the tank was redone, aaagain lol

Someone told me it's reptile wood so I'm gonna cut it & use it for Puff (my bearded dragon) instead :D

Now I just need to switch out some of my gravel for a lot more black & I'll FINALLY be done!!

Jmedic25 said:
I dont like it....Send it to me and ill fix it....lol!!!

Oh yeah, sure thing J ... Just send me a mail order with your money for the shipping costs for an item weighing 475-500lbs, then I'll selefame the top, mail it over, & you can work your magic haha

Very nice indeed. Good lookin fish bud. I just started a 55gl peacock tank a few months ago. Hope it ends up lookin as good.

Roach,
Looks awesome! Do they get a lot more aggressive then what they are in the video? Because it doesn't seem bad to me. Granted it can get worse as they mature but cichlids will always be somewhat aggressive. As long as one fish isn't getting the brunt of it :)

Looks great!

CraigMac said:
Roach,
Looks awesome! Do they get a lot more aggressive then what they are in the video? Because it doesn't seem bad to me. Granted it can get worse as they mature but cichlids will always be somewhat aggressive. As long as one fish isn't getting the brunt of it :)

Looks great!

No Craiger, what you see is what they do. I examine them close & see almost no nips. Some of the male peacocks have a few but my strawberry has been king for a while so he just showed the bigger new additions who the boss was. It isn't constant.

& THANKS GUYS!! i appreciate it

Gorgeous fish! Nice tank setup, too. Now I see what you got out of visiting those fish stores all over the state!

WBAC88 said:
Gorgeous fish! Nice tank setup, too. Now I see what you got out of visiting those fish stores all over the state!

haha Thanks!! I definitely tried to pick the best specimens I could find & wouldn't buy anything that didn't really pop.

My only 'not so pretty' ones are the free female peacocks that Waterbury Aquarium threw me for all my business. I love that shop.

Back
Top Bottom