10g nano (new pics 8/23)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Devilishturtles said:
My best guess was a Hypselodoris apolegma, which I think is closely related to the bullocki. But....yeah it could be the bullocki too. What's it matter? ;)

http://www.seaslugforum.net/display.cfm?id=16276

Yay it's Friday. All this talk of new stuff makes me want to go get new stuff. Hmm. :D

Actually, i read about the apolegma in my research. If you look at the pic in the link you provided, you can see that on the outer skirt of the slug, there's a solid white stripe, and then a white and purple mottling before the skirt turns completely purple/blue. this is actually (according to Sea slug forum) a defining characteristic that helps differentiate between Bullocki and Apolegma.

Having said that, the nudi is back at the pet shop and it doesn't matter one bit. Cheers. :)

DAY 83

Full tank shot:

381719561_d91af064d9.jpg

New Hammer coral, orange Zoanthids, purple Candy Canes:

381719563_dc0d2abd12.jpg

Scooter Blenny, Zoanthids, Frogspawn:

381719565_9028628b8a.jpg

Blenny scoots his way through Zoanthid garden:

381719566_c5c2783568.jpg

New Metallic green mushroom rock:

381719568_e21504cc04.jpg

Another new rock of dull green mushrooms:

381719571_7039889964.jpg

Skunk cleaner shrimp navigates around Mushrooms, Pagoda Cup and Feather Duster:

381720500_0756318111.jpg

Frogspawn's going crazy, we jokingly refer to it as "the genitalia tree" :lol: :

381720502_4c59044e21.jpg

82 days in and I'm still enjoying this immensely and planning a larger reef. If you're on the fence about a nano, DO IT! (especially if you have a bunch of money you don't want)

Dude that tank looks awesome. Great to see the transformation. Starting my 12 nano friday hope it ends up like that!~! :lol:

christy1430 said:
Dude that tank looks awesome. Great to see the transformation. Starting my 12 nano friday hope it ends up like that!~! :lol:

I'm sure it will. :) Make sure you start a thread - it's nice to look back after a while and see how it progresses.

yeah for shure... ill post piks even with an empty tank lol... its great tos ee how you went from the start to finish. what heater you using in the tank?

christy1430 said:
yeah for shure... ill post piks even with an empty tank lol... its great tos ee how you went from the start to finish. what heater you using in the tank?

I'm using a visi-therm stealth, I think it's 50 watts.

christy1430 said:
hows it working for ya?

Fantastic, actually. Rock-solid, my tank temp may fluctuate 1.5 degrees over the course of the day from lights on in AM to lights off at night.

Also, today, a garbage truck hit a transformer and burned right down the street from our office, and knocked the power out to the whole office park. I ran the heater and a small powerhead on a battery backup and it never even affected the power level of the battery.

So I guess the short answer is thumbs up. :lol:

kansei said:
Sweet I hope mine looks as nice in a few months.

I saw your thread. The moonlights look really sweet in your tank.

That is hard to believe you are just shy of the 3 month mark. Sweet looking tank ...
All my tanks are on battery back up , including the 10 with the rk 2 ... I am looking into running part of the rk on a seprate back up or just having the pumps run on back up for that same fact . the issue that I have is that the heater is housed in the filter for a cleaner look , tho it would not be that hard to remove it and drop it into the tank... our temps stay steady at 74.5 with the RK shutting heaters off , and fans on as well as lights out if the temp exceeds 80*

Very very nice. Looks much bigger than 10 gallons, I'm looking at my 10g FOWLR and trying to picture all those corals in there.

Must make work a little more enjoyable! What do your coworkers think of the tank?

newfound77951 said:
Very very nice. Looks much bigger than 10 gallons, I'm looking at my 10g FOWLR and trying to picture all those corals in there.

Must make work a little more enjoyable! What do your coworkers think of the tank?

I only had one coworker and she just left to pursue other opportunities, but she was enamored with the tank and told me she plans to do one herself as soon as she gets settled in her new spot.

The owner thought I was a little silly when I first set it up, but now he loves it.

There are days when I'm excited to get to work just so I can see how the tank's doing. :)

Funny thing happened to me today at work. I was picking a few valonia bubbles out of my candy canes, and the shrimp was on my hand. He's on my hand every time I go in the tank, so it's nothing - I don't even notice it anymore. Well, there I am, working away, when the shrimp stabs me in a small paper cut. I yelped and jerked my hands out of the tank, sending a shower of water all over myself. I was soaked - shirt, pants, cap....It was like 4 hours before I completely dried out.

:lol: :lol: :roll: :lol:

clearerphish said:
Funny thing .I yelped and jerked my hands out of the tank, sending a shower of water all over myself. I was soaked - shirt, pants, cap....It was like 4 hours before I completely dried out.

:lol: :lol: :roll: :lol:
Are you sure it was just salt water ??(J/K) LOL thanks for the laugh . It has happened to me more than once too , this is another big reason that I wear gloves :p

Back
Top Bottom