Clownfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would hold off on the fish until everything is perfect. I know your anxious to get fish, but i think your first salt water experience would turn out better if you wait a bit more. Your nitrates could always rise again, so i would make sure it is steady before buying anything, especially a fish.

Well I already had the levels all drop then I put a shrimp in and let it rot to make sure and took the shrimp out today, that's where im at now. But if you think I should still wait I will

Wait a few more days in my opinion! If you drop the nitrates to a safe level soon and you really want to put something in your tank you could probably get a shrimp or start your cuc.

Haha ya i think its better to stock the tank slowly! Not only is it better for the fish but it always gives you something to do and think about! Haha

Instead of the Royal Gramma add another Occelaris clown to make it a pair then your stock would be perfect with:

-2 Occelaris Clowns
- Spotted or Bangaii Cardinal
- Yellow Watchman Goby
- Sally Lightfoot Crab ( Really active crab)
- Emerald Crab (Great hair algae eater)
- Cleaner Shrimp ( May clean fish inside tank)
- Fire Shrimp
- 2 Sexy shrimp( Dance or shake their bottoms lol) or 2 Peppermint shrimp ( Great aptasia eater but won't always happen)

That's what I would add to the tank if it were mine but it's not so.....yea lol

HairlessPotter said:
Also if I plan on corals do I need a better test kit then API master kit? If so whats a good one?

Get the Reef master and the saltwater master one. It'll run you 50 for both if you buy online.

Ibrahim said:
Instead of the Royal Gramma add another Occelaris clown to make it a pair then your stock would be perfect with:

-2 Occelaris Clowns
- Yellow Watchman Goby
- Fire Shrimp
- 2 Sexy shrimp( Dance or shake their bottoms lol) or 2 Peppermint shrimp ( Great aptasia eater but won't always happen)

I really like that stock! Only problem is that the 2 clowns could become agressive when they mate :( people have told me when you pick out your clowns to make sure there is not much agression between the two, add one that is odviously bigger in size, and get one that is black and white while the other is orange. This way the bigger one already knows what sex he will become, ad if they are differant types the odds are much smaller that they will mate.

Sexy shrimp, from what I remember, like to be in trios, or multiples of three. For example, I'm getting six for my tank.

Haha i really like sexy shrimp... I may need to add some for my tank! Are you allowed to get 4? Or just multiples of 3?

I thought it said that on liveaquaria, but now I'm not finding it. So I would assume four would be fine. It actually says, small groups, but I would still get 3 instead of 2, if you go for the sexy shrimp.

Ibrahim said:

-2 Occelaris Clowns
- Yellow Watchman Goby
- Fire Shrimp

I really like this list but idk about 2 clowns. I think I'd rather have more diversity but im also thinking having a black and orange might be cool

So now the rest of my day is dedicated to the aquarium. After I shower I'll go to the lfs get some water so I can get trates down. I'll see what fish he has while im there

Okay! And yea the black and white would be super cool! I am doing it for my new 30 gallon reef ;) keep updating us on what fish you like at the fish store, and how the trates are doin!

How big of a pwc do you guys think is necessary? Its at 40ppm right now, I was thinking another 10 gallons

Back
Top Bottom