Eclipse 3 gallon reef .. garage sale $5 ;)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

p4ck37p1mp

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi folks,

This is my first post here, been lurking for over a month researching setting up saltwater tanks. You guys have been very helpful, google frequently led me here to great information and advice! I have successfully gotten my 10 gallon at home going and seemingly very happy with your help. Unfortunately I am now about to order my new 90 gallon setup, I think I have an addiction.. ;)

Anyway, I am posting to get some advice on a small tank that I was planning on setting up at work. I had been wanting to take the 10 gallon to work after getting the 90 setup, but I came across a small 3 gallon Eclipse System 3 in a moving sale around the corner yesterday for $5, everything with it that it originally came with. I figured what the heck, I can do SOMETHING with it. ;) I picked up 4lbs of LR and 10lbs LS (probably won't use it all) from the LFS yesterday and have that simmering with the filter running at home. The bulb is burned out, so I am thinking of getting a small kit from AHS and gutting the lid to get more light. The over tank filter seems a little weak for flow, as I don't really need it as a filter with all the LR & LS I was considering a micro flow power head for circulation. Any advice on such a small tank, I was thinking of just a crab, a shrimp, feather duster and eventually maybe an anemone or mushrooms, just a little something neat for the office. I am a little afraid of fish since it is so small, maybe one small one. I tend to like inverts more than fish anyway, an anemone with an anemone crab is far cooler than a damsel. ;)

Wow. Congrats on the good deal! I wouldn't put any fish in there.. it's only three gallons, right? I know LiveAquaria has some fish it suggests for the Nano Cube, but I think that's 12 gallons..

Fish are boring anyway. Thats sort of where I was at in my thinking, if I keep nitrate creating critters out I can put more of the other critters I like. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom