Evans 20 Gallon Nano Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's on a dresser..... So maybe but it'd be hard to get back there because of the spot it's in in my room. But thanks! Ill have to figure it out, once I take the tank off maybe I can get up there and see if itd be possible

I had the same issue, but eventually just decided to Hang it from the ceiling as it was easiest! Dimmable is always nice, but my lights aren't and my tank is very happy after they got adjusted to the light!

Yeah, but ive already asked my landlord if i can put anymore holes in the walls or ceiling and i cant so i dont have that option right now. but thank you for your help!!

Also Evan, I was wondering what type of Power Head your using for your 20 gallon? How many GPH does it do?

Yeah, but ive already asked my landlord if i can put anymore holes in the walls or ceiling and i cant so i dont have that option right now. but thank you for your help!!

Look up EasyFlip in the members and send him a PM, he's got a pretty cool light and I think he's got a 20 as well.

Also Evan, I was wondering what type of Power Head your using for your 20 gallon? How many GPH does it do?

I have 2 koralia hydor nanos! 240 gph I believe. Great powerhead!

I agree with Evan on those! I've got two as well but in my 10 so they alternate for day and night, kinda like tides. I love the magnets makes placement very simple and no worries about suction cup failure. Evans tank is an inspiration for sure!

(y)

Yes his tank is part of the reason i decided i actually wanted to try it! I have different powerheads saved on amazon and ebay, i think i have that one saved, so thanks!

And Pisces3473, i will do that for sure!! Thank you so much!

Man guys, thanks for the kind words! :) I'm glad my tank is inspirational! My hard work and money is paying off haha!

Yes it is! i just hope that mine turns out atleast somewhat close to yours! haha

Haha patience is key! And for me, try to save up for nice colony pieces! Colonies look so much better than frags haha. In my opinion

haha!!....i dont even know what you mean by colony pieces.....:-/ i havent done enough research yet on different corals, but that is all i really know them by is corals. ik Frags is a type but idk what type....yikes lol. after i buy everything to get the tank set up and ready to cycle i will def research on frags and colony pieces then!! haha

Your tank is very inspirational. :) and it gets better every day, I'm sure!

haha!!....i dont even know what you mean by colony pieces.....:-/ i havent done enough research yet on different corals, but that is all i really know them by is corals. ik Frags is a type but idk what type....yikes lol. after i buy everything to get the tank set up and ready to cycle i will def research on frags and colony pieces then!! haha

Well frags are small parts of a coral. A colony is the piece from which a coral is fragged! A colony of zoas is 100-200 polyps, while a frag is 10-20. A colony of frogspawn is 5+ heads (just using as an example) and a frag is one or two. What I would suggest is saving up for the bigger corals because that's what makes your tank look full! Having small frags everywhere doesn't look natural you know?

Well frags are small parts of a coral. A colony is the piece from which a coral is fragged! A colony of zoas is 100-200 polyps, while a frag is 10-20. A colony of frogspawn is 5+ heads (just using as an example) and a frag is one or two. What I would suggest is saving up for the bigger corals because that's what makes your tank look full! Having small frags everywhere doesn't look natural you know?

That does sound right!! Thank you soo much! I cant wait to get it going! :D

That does sound right!! Thank you soo much! I cant wait to get it going! :D

Yeah it's exciting! If you saw earlier in the thread, my tank look looked pretty bad, but as you get more coral, it makes any tank look good! :)

Thanks man! I just moved some stuff around last night and gave myself a little more room! My next purchase is going to be a clam!

You're welcome. :) That's great! Can't wait to see pics. :) clams are gorgeous. One of these days I want one.

So I moved my frogspawn and my Wellso coral to make more room around my tank. Let me know what you guys think!
img_2383714_0_0b98980a1dac5aa47dc376c69227e311.jpg

img_2383714_1_b80d9f5f41b20dabeffc74b24511b724.jpg

Also, My wellso is coloring up a ton! I think its getting healthier under the LEDs. I bought this thing damaged for 10$, and I think its making a nice comeback! Its hard to see in the photos, but it looks ALOT more colorful than before!
img_2383714_2_e0765812b900b797eeeaddb78772bf5e.jpg

img_2383714_3_9f1c0f4166733b7b4b4aebabeb4837d2.jpg

Sorry for the overhead pic! I was to lazy to turn off my PH and filter and all!

So I moved my frogspawn and my Wellso coral to make more room around my tank. Let me know what you guys think!

Also, My wellso is coloring up a ton! I think its getting healthier under the LEDs. I bought this thing damaged for 10$, and I think its making a nice comeback! Its hard to see in the photos, but it looks ALOT more colorful than before!

Sorry for the overhead pic! I was to lazy to turn off my PH and filter and all!

Didn't have to wait. Lol. Looks great! I'm glad your wellso is coming back! :)

Back
Top Bottom