Evans 20 Gallon Nano Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks like a millipora some sort of bonsai tree acro mili what colour is it?

Hey guys. I was planning on turning my old 12 gallon into a frag tank. My question is, how often would I have to do water changes on a tank without fish and just coral?

If you your normal water changes you will see better results with your coral. But you can go longer ( every 3-4 weeks) depending on your water parameters. Since it is only a 12 gallon I would still stay on top of it

Beautiful tank Evan! I love the gonioporas. Here is a picture of my last one. He lasted about 8 months before deteriorating :-(

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130311_072418.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130311_072418.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 124
We'll I'm following this thread so ill probably be fine too. But I think there is no question anymore. I'm def doing it, just a matter of time before my 20 gal is empty. Then ill be on here searching information! Lol

We'll I'm following this thread so ill probably be fine too. But I think there is no question anymore. I'm def doing it, just a matter of time before my 20 gal is empty. Then ill be on here searching information! Lol

You won't regret it! It's a blast! :) If you have any questions let me know. But there are people on here with much more experience than me! :) il be following your thread when you start it!

Random Picture updates!
img_2382145_0_19b4374a1a28dddf07abe9eabfc4862d.jpg

img_2382145_1_30bd5fbaa317400dc2ce02a93971ed0d.jpg

img_2382145_2_929accf0faece20929eea3d32cbcc556.jpg

I would recommend it! Not because it has any spectacular benefits but ever since I got mine the other day I have been obsessed with watching it! There was a very cool frag swap an hour from my home last weekend that I went to and the turnout and quality of the corals was very impressive and I couldn't help but buy my clam when I saw it there

I would recommend it! Not because it has any spectacular benefits but ever since I got mine the other day I have been obsessed with watching it! There was a very cool frag swap an hour from my home last weekend that I went to and the turnout and quality of the corals was very impressive and I couldn't help but buy my clam when I saw it there

Yeah I can't wait wait to get one! What lighting do you have on your tank?

Just a regular t5 ho. I think aquatic life makes it? One blue and one white bulb

My clam is a squamosa clam so it doesn't need as high of a light requirement as other clams

Sorry Evan you don't have too but can you by any chance tell us all your fish inverts not coral clean up crew and your equipment I'm starting a sw and don't know what to start! :bawl:

Hey I was looking for some advice on lighting. I found some on amazon, eBay and a link someone sent me. The two best I think are taotronics Tt-AL09 dim able aquatic coral reef LED grow light 120W output, blue/white ratio 28:27 2 pieces advanced heat sinks, 3 pieces 0.1 A fans, 90 degree beam angle for 189.99. Or I can save with one off of eBay, 24" 96W lighting T5 aquarium light hood saltwater coral fish actinic florescent. I can't have a light hanging on my wall or from my ceiling so which one of these would be better for my tank? I'm assuming the dimmable one, but if I can save with the other one, cool. But ik ik this is not a hobby that is cheap. Jw.

Can u make hanging brackets to go on your stand? The leds need to be hung no ifs ands or butts lol. They need to be a minimum of a foot above the water, if u cant make hangingbrackets on your stand and cant hang from wall or ceiling then go with the t5 that sits right on your tank,

Back
Top Bottom