Jbj 28 gallon nano cube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well today is the day. I hope all goes well when I add the new fish today. I've waited a long time for it and I just worry that it will totally disrupt the harmony in my tank. Will post pics after the everything is said and done. Wish me luck. :)

Lights are out now. I picked it up later then I thought. It's a pretty dark blue and is kinda just sitting at the bottom of the tank. I think it is stressed out which I can understand. One concern I have is it seems to have wounds to its mouth so I fear it was fighting at the store with tank mates. Will see how it fairs overnight and hopefully it will be more comfortable in the morning. Fingers crossed. :)

Nice pic phranque. Lol ya that's what I picked up. It's a lot darker then that picture though but I do belive it is stress related. I was searching around on the Internet and came to the conclusion it could be lymphocystis which is a fungal infection usually caused by stress. I think the fish was fighting which caused a wound and allowed the infection to take hold. Basic remedys are to have good water quality, less stress, and good nutrition and the fish should be able to fight it on its own. My only concern is if it will eat if it dosent the outcome could be bad. :( will monitor closely and post some pics a little later. I waited quite some time for this fish and its the last one to be added so hoping all goes well. :)

Well I am sad to say but the cherub didn't make it. :( I was worried and apparently my worries were justified. It was really agitated and seemed almost dazed swimming in circles in one spot and not really able to swim. It's to bad. Now the problem is it got under a rock before it died and I can't get it out! The only way I can get my refund is by having the body. Argh I guess I shouldn't worry to much my cuc is already doing its job under there. Well I guess I will call the lfs tomorrow and see what they say. Not a very happy camper today. I feel terrible.

I got it out! Called the lfs and they have a no refund policy on marine animals. Doh! Guess I will have to wait a little longer to get my cherub angel.

A little update. Still no cherub angel yet. It makes me more confident I am doing the right thing by waiting for this particular fish. :) I did however downsize my 750 powerhead to 2 -240 powerheads so I can try to eliminate a few dead spots. Was worried that it wouldn't be enough flow for the corals but so far they all seem to be "swaying in the breeze" lol.

So of course I change the power heads and the nem is now on the move. It's trying to find a new home the bad part it's right inbetween my pearl bubble coral and the hammer. Oh dear. Will keep you all appraised as to where it ends up. (I'm hoping it will go towards the right) fingers are crossed.

So of course I change the power heads and the nem is now on the move. It's trying to find a new home the bad part it's right inbetween my pearl bubble coral and the hammer. Oh dear. Will keep you all appraised as to where it ends up. (I'm hoping it will go towards the right) fingers are crossed.

Point a head right at him and he will move.

Wow just went threw my build thread and boy am i glad I did the thread. I can belive how much my tank has changed in just 10 short months. Does anyone else look back on their build threads in amazement?

My 75 has grown leaps and bounds since March. Pretty fun to look back on...

By the way, your tank looks great!

Wow just went threw my build thread and boy am i glad I did the thread. I can belive how much my tank has changed in just 10 short months. Does anyone else look back on their build threads in amazement?

Yep.... I also take a picture (or three) of the tank weekly and keep them in a seperate file. Already interesting to look back through, and mine's only 5 months old.

Thanks qube. Phranque I just started another album with all the FTS pics. Will continue to add as time progesses. I also have kept all my receipts. Last time I added them all up I coulda made a mortgage payment :0

I don't go quite as far as keeping all my receipts, just the ones for warranty purposes on the larger items..... but I do keep a small excel spreadsheet for everything I've spent, and it's definitely not pretty. :oops:

Well I put the old powerhead back in. I don't think the hammer or bubble coral liked the new smaller powerheads. Came home from work and the two of them are sucked in, as well the mushrooms are shriveled up. Not a happy camper today. Tested the water and all parameters are okay. I don't get it the leather and frogspawn are good as always. I guess I will have to wait and see tomorrow if things go back to normall.

Still not looking good. Hammer and bubble coral still not extending. Leather and frog spawn are looking fine. Would anyone think it might be my light? It's a metal halide and its ten months old.

Well today is a happy and sad day. I got my rodi filter for Christmas yeah....but I've lost the hammer coral :( I had to take it out I was worried about the decay messing with the water. I'm wondering if it was brown jelly disease. Does anyone have any experience with this? Maybe a discritption for me. This happened in a matter of a few days, one day extending as normal then bam the next day literally dying. I don't understand.

Update. Things are looking up. The bubble coral is back to normal as well as the frogspawn and leather.

Back
Top Bottom