MJ's 20 gal build :D

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Iv been stirring and stirring and nothing seems disappearing? Could it be cus the water is cold and I haven't turned the heater on? Also if it doesn't dissolve now and it does in the future will it affect my salinity? Thankyou

I would not worry too much if it is only a little bit. Keep in mind, it takes 1/2 cup per gallon to get the water to 1.025 specific gravity. If there is a tiny bit that later dissolves it wont rais it noticablly. Once you have fish, I would try not to have much of it go in the tank but even then, it would worry me too much.

Yeah man turn your heater on in the few tanks I have done when I mixed the water I turned the heater up and it helped a lot. Oh and you cat on your tank is awesome lol

Well let's hope I get It by Friday then. My cat is the guardian of the tank now lol my other cat is scared of the fish lol! Best go home put on the heater then, getting impatient now. Thanks for the replys guys :)

Arrrrgh!!!!!!! No delivery of rock and sand again!! 8 days now 3 emails sent not one reply! 48 hour delivery my arse! Getting angry ha this trouble with my tank, it seems anything coming from down south can't get a delivery right! On the upside I won a Maidenhead aquatics refractometer for £16 on eBay! Woooh!

Man, how anoying!!!! I have not had to order anything. I am lucky in that there are 4 good LFS within a 1/2 hour drive and maybe 15 within an hours drive.

There are loads of LFS but only 3 stocking marine within 45 mins drive. One I visited and the tanks were grubby and dead fish and corals rotting away in tanks so wouldn't use that again, second one is closest and very trustworthy but very expensive for equipment and rock but cheap for livestock and 3rd one is always closed when I'm off work lol! So internet it is for equipment! Getting my liverock from LFS :)

Thanks lol he sits watching it most of the day! He has never attacked the glass trying to get a fish like some cats :)

Well, you never have to worry that he is bored or anything because he constantly has entertainment. You don't even have to buy any of those cat videos to entertain him! :lol:

Haha what cat videos? They do have a cat toy the shoots a laser out all over the room and the cats try catch it! I usually put it on for an hour to tire them out haha

Haha what cat videos? They do have a cat toy the shoots a laser out all over the room and the cats try catch it! I usually put it on for an hour to tire them out haha

Oh, they make these videos to put on your TV for your cat, for some cats it actually works. Then they try to bat at the TV:lol:

Mjpendrey said:
Arrrrgh!!!!!!! No delivery of rock and sand again!! 8 days now 3 emails sent not one reply! 48 hour delivery my arse! Getting angry ha this trouble with my tank, it seems anything coming from down south can't get a delivery right! On the upside I won a Maidenhead aquatics refractometer for £16 on eBay! Woooh!

Yeah, don't order from them again. They aren't good. The £15 postage is ridiculous because I didn't get it in 48 hours either. What day did you order from them? I did get a response, who are you emailing? I can pass over the email address for you....

I orderd last Friday with 48 hour delivery, I had a email this afternoon saying sorry our systems crashed and have only picked up your order now, we have sent it 24 hour delivery today you should get it Monday at the latest. That's funny cus there automated email told me they shipped it 48 hour on Wednesday! Oh well rock and sand Monday, refractometer hopefully in the week some point then iPhone 4s Friday can't wait lol. Selling my iPhone 3GS and it's going to fund my live rock so hopefully be starting cycle sooner than later :D

So my base rock and sad finally came! I spent two hours arranging my rock and an hour rinsing the stupid sand! Finally got the water clear put it in the tank added the water and it's really cloudy! Will this settle? I also siliconed off all the screws on my skimmer so they won't go rusty. Had some lovley pieces of rock but no flat ones so gonna look out for some. I have loads of rock left over so gonna keep a few pieces myself and sell the rest to my mate for his tank and buy my powerhead with the money! Then all I need is my live rock and I'm good to go :) excited mucho!

Lol mj i had exactly the same thing last week with mine. Rinsed the sand 10 times till the water was clear added it to the tank with the water and it looked like milk lol!
After 24 hours and two emptys of the skimmer cup PRESTO! Here's the result!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20111010_183546.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111010_183546.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 110
  • ForumRunner_20111010_183642.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111010_183642.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 114
Back
Top Bottom