MJ's 20 gal build :D

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lol i feel your pain mj i was in exactly the same boat as you I had a picture in my head, just trying to make it real in my tank i VERY nearly looked into fish friendly adhesives luckily it came together!

So the skimmer is a godsend!! The cloudy water kind iof settled overnight but then I move my sand around a bit! Mistake big time, realised the dust had just settled ontop of the sand, I ran a powerhead with a fiklter sock full of floss that kinda helped, but then I turned mny skimmer on and it got a cup full of cloudy water in 20 mins!! Tank is almost clear after two cups full of cloudy wter and best bit is its not sitting on the sandbed!! Yay! Who said the skimmers are crap for nanos is wrong! Mines great cleared my water up lovley :)

Mjpendrey said:
So the skimmer is a godsend!! The cloudy water kind iof settled overnight but then I move my sand around a bit! Mistake big time, realised the dust had just settled ontop of the sand, I ran a powerhead with a fiklter sock full of floss that kinda helped, but then I turned mny skimmer on and it got a cup full of cloudy water in 20 mins!! Tank is almost clear after two cups full of cloudy wter and best bit is its not sitting on the sandbed!! Yay! Who said the skimmers are crap for nanos is wrong! Mines great cleared my water up lovley :)

Lol i agree its all about the skimmer like i said it sorted mine out a treat too!

I turned the bubble rate up to the lip of the cup for 24 hours reckon i emptied it four times in that time by which the water was crystal. This is now where I have my skimmer running its not filling up the bowl with murky sandy water, just pushing scum out of the top of the cup. Here's a photo of where its running after the 24 hours still a little high though I'll take a photo in the morning of how it is now 5 days on.

Lol photo didn't attach dam this app!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20111011_235405.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111011_235405.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 87
Mjpendrey said:
Seems to be filling up rather quick though I have to keep emptying it? Do you think it will slow down?

Ya it should even out once its broken in. Glad to see its clearing up for you

Here's it this morning collecting scum happily.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20111012_155355.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111012_155355.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 78
Jheez. About time too MJ. Well, it was the worth the wait. It looks really good! I love the formation you've formed. Can't wait for you to finish your cycle.

Question for anybody, my temp stays good allday but when the lights go off the tank cools down is this ok?

How much is it dropping? I would suspect the lights are keeping it warm during the day but you heater should take over after the lights cut out.

Back
Top Bottom