My 10 Gallon Nano Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
True, plus since I am planning on a bigger tank by the beginning of next year I will be able to use it on that as well without having to put more money into another one.

It's hard to stay small for so long. Both my 10's and the 20's just didn't cut it form. All the sudden bam... A 55 ends up in my house.. Haha.

It's hard to stay small for so long. Both my 10's and the 20's just didn't cut it form. All the sudden bam... A 55 ends up in my house.. Haha.

HAHAHA...I am already feeling it Mac and I haven't added any inhabitants yet! Due to space limitations my next one will be a 38-40g. Been looking at the Nuvo series with the filtration built in the back which I think will work well since I won't have the room to add a sump right now. Already filling up my wish list on BRS :ROFLMAO:

HAHAHA...I am already feeling it Mac and I haven't added any inhabitants yet! Due to space limitations my next one will be a 38-40g. Been looking at the Nuvo series with the filtration built in the back which I think will work well since I won't have the room to add a sump right now. Already filling up my wish list on BRS :ROFLMAO:

I don't even remember buying the tank. I feel like it just fell out of the sky or something. AIO tanks are nice. Maybe look into a 40b.. You don't need to have a sump for it and the footprint is great.

I don't even remember buying the tank. I feel like it just fell out of the sky or something. AIO tanks are nice. Maybe look into a 40b.. You don't need to have a sump for it and the footprint is great.

40b huh. Is that part of the Nuvo series?

No no no, haha. It's a standard tank size. It's called the 40 breeder, holds about 43 gallons of water. You can buy it a petco.

Oh ok lol :lol: Will check it out...got a petco over where I work.

Ahh...will stop by tomorrow since I get paid lol.

Lol! This will be me. I find myself looking on craigslist for tanks. Lol

Update time...getting excited :lol:

Checked my parameters today and almost there....

• PH - Still steady at 8.0
  • Ammonia - 0!
  • Nitrite - .25
  • Nitrate - 10
  • Salinity - Past few days still at 1.022 - 1.023

Almost ready to hit Reef Cleaners for some inverts :dance:

Update time...getting excited :lol:

Checked my parameters today and almost there....

• PH - Still steady at 8.0
  • Ammonia - 0!
  • Nitrite - .25
  • Nitrate - 10
  • Salinity - Past few days still at 1.022 - 1.023

Almost ready to hit Reef Cleaners for some inverts :dance:

Sounds good! Only suggestion is to bring up the SG by topping off with SW for a couple days :)

Sounds good! Only suggestion is to bring up the SG by topping off with SW for a couple days :)

Will do. Going to be mixing up a new batch tomorrow to see if I can get it to 1.025 so I will have some ready for first water change also.

A cuc is not necessary this early in the tank, if they have nothing to "clean" they will all starve to death.

True, I was going to add maybe a few pieces of pellet food for them to start with. Don't want to add a fish right away if I can'y keep an invert alive lol.

Depending in what inverts you get they can be more sensitive to parameter changes. And feeding you cuc kinda defeats the purpose lol.

Depending in what inverts you get they can be more sensitive to parameter changes. And feeding you cuc kinda defeats the purpose lol.

Good point lol...was just reading something on this also :oops: Guess I need to rethink here.

+1. Inverts are more sensitive to parameters like Salinity, Temperature and PH.

Understandable. I have ph and temperature stable, salinity is getting better...think I have almost gotten a hand on that. Which leads me to a question.

Today when I was topping off I noticed there was a white film on the inside glass of the tank. When I ran my hand over it, it came off real easy and almost looked like salt! I know it isn't algae as I haven't been using lights during my cycle process and the rock was all Dry Live Rock.

Can salt possibly stick to the glass inside the aquarium?

Back
Top Bottom