My 10 Gallon Nano Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's what I was thinking too. Didn't think salt would just stick to the glass especially with the flow going through the tank.

Was wondering.....I have not had the light on in my tank since starting my cycle. Now that it is almost at the end of the cycle, would it hurt to start turning it on and setting the timer for it?

Also been thinking about taking the tank and making it a coral and invert tank. If I do go this way, how would I feed the inverts since there will not be any fish?

What inverts are you thinking about getting? You could feed them a small amount of pellets or pieces of krill.

Looking at some sexy shrimp, porcelain crabs, banded coral shrimp couple hermits and couple snails.

I'm not sure if you can keep a banded and sexy together, my banded will eat ANYTHING. You'll have to check into that, wouldn't want anybody getting munched on.

I'm not sure if you can keep a banded and sexy together, my banded will eat ANYTHING. You'll have to check into that, wouldn't want anybody getting munched on.

Oh, didn't know that. I will check that out and see what I can find. Thanks RP :)

Well, looks like I am off to the LFS tomorrow...Woo Hoo!!!! :dance:

Current params test give....

• PH - 8.2
  • Ammonia - 0
  • Nitrite - 0
  • Nitrate - 0
  • Salinity - 1.024

Now I just got to hope they have something I want haha. I have to admit, the cycle period went quicker than I thought it would and I didn't loose patience. Still need to pick up a glass hood tomorrow while I am out since the water int he tank tends to splash a little up on my lights.

Will take the wie with me a get her a couple for the FW tank so she won't fuss when I get the SW inhabitants (evil grin).

Also, I had the tank running for a week before I introduced the shrimp, maybe that had an effect on things :ermm:

Nitrate levels don't drop on their own, you have to lower them through large wcs

During that time, I did do a small water change when I was having issues with my salinity to bring it back up. That's when it dropped to 10ppm and now the 0. It had to be that.

To get from 160 to 10 ppm you would of had to change out ~90% of the water

I only done about a gallon at the most. It still took almost a week for it to go from the 160 to the 10. I am gonna test it again tomorrow to be sure and will also take a little to the LFS to have them check it also.

Retest your water if nitrates are still showing 0 take water to your lfs to get it tested, if you have a false low reading and they really are high anything you buy will most likely not survive in your tank.

Retest your water if nitrates are still showing 0 take water to your lfs to get it tested, if you have a false low reading and they really are high anything you buy will most likely not survive in your tank.

I will be. Heading there tomorrow to get a couple things and if they test it and it is ok then I may be bringing me some goodies home lol.

Woot! Went to the LFS where I work today and had them check a sample of my water before I bought any thing...All Parameters are in check (y)

Soooo, I made my first purchases :dance:

Got a couple small red legged hermits
img_2918679_0_9195ef75cab984fc32c15bf5f360ff09.jpg

An astrea snail.
img_2918679_1_3d07609f04c7f2db7b0815f8bb7b22c8.jpg

Nice piece of live rock. looks like it may have some coraline algae on it
img_2918679_2_8873f124a093859d98b01000d905c7a0.jpg

And a Fire Fish...very active so not a great pic of him yet lol
img_2918679_3_f84b1cb7ba12a421c96eb6aed2cd895a.jpg

I literally walk out the door without getting any food!!!! Would it be ok to give a small pinch of regular tropical fish food till I go by tomorrow?

Back
Top Bottom