Air Bubble strip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bubble strips will irritate corals and are normally not used in a reef tank. I guess with a FO only tank you could.

I have a long bubble strip in my FO. It does look pretty with my blue moonlight but regardless of how far down in the sandbed u put it - it always manages to find its way up pretty soon! Also my Boxer Shrimps tend to try and eat the bubbles which I'm sure isn't too healthy! :p

could be hard in a reef tank as all of the water flow would/should blow the bubbles
all over.

It might work if you have big bubbles and low flow.

It's possibly dangerous to coral and sponges. Also, in my opinion, decoratively speaking ... it's the equivalent of velvet portraits. Go natural. Unless you are recreating a reef adjacent to a volcano, there are no bubble walls underwater.

When the salt spashes out of the water, slowly it will lower the salinity of your tank. Its a big problem. It also will leave a thick film of salt on any surfaces near your tank (that includes lighting fixtures).

Back
Top Bottom