DanS Future 90 gallon reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Khij159753 said:
Trigger I don't think is reef safe :/ but it sounds great! Maybe get another fish besides trigger. Idk what though.

Definitely risky to add a trigger. Lions are supposedly risky with some LPSs from what I've heard. I could be wrong. I've never kept predators.

CorallineAlgae said:
Definitely risky to add a trigger. Lions are supposedly risky with some LPSs from what I've heard. I could be wrong. I've never kept predators.

Hmmm.. yeah I never have either so I have no clue lol just don't wanna set up the tank and get the eel(bc I really want one) and then not be able to add anything i like..

But a stock list of what I said is okay? Other than the trigger?? What else would u recommend??

Predator "reefs" shouldn't be stocked as heavily as predator FOWLR tanks. If you'd add another fish I'd recommend a large clown like a maroon.

Yeah! Get the lion, eel, foxface, and a large aggressive clown! That'd be a pretty cool tank! And that should be low enough bioload to jeep water clean :)

Khij159753 said:
You'd have to check online but I think like 4-6 inch?

Interesting.... yeah I'll check out everything eventually.. still days away lol but thank you n everyone for your advice!!! :)

Could get a big tomato clown too, they're pretty aggressive too and would probably be able to hold their own.

Beengirl said:
Could get a big tomato clown too, they're pretty aggressive too and would probably be able to hold their own.

Yeah I thought of a tomato clown too but if I had to choose between that and a maroon, I think id go with the maroon just bc of color and patterns :)

DanS180 said:
Yeah I thought of a tomato clown too but if I had to choose between that and a maroon, I think id go with the maroon just bc of color and patterns :)

Yeah, they're prettier than tomato, and supposedly max at 6", vs 5" for tomato. Was just throwing another type of fish out there. :)

Beengirl said:
Yeah, they're prettier than tomato, and supposedly max at 6", vs 5" for tomato. Was just throwing another type of fish out there. :)

I appreciate all the advice I have thrown my way! :) and everything is taken into consideration of course :)

Ok just doin a lil research online and I think I'm compiled a list of fish that I really like(that aren't consider nano) depending on which route I go, id fill in with some nano fish of some sort.

-snowflake eel
-dwarf lion
-foxface lo
-hippo tang
-kole yellow eye tang
-yellow longnose butterfly
-tear drop butterfly
-copperband butterfly
-bristletooth tomini tang
-maroon clownfish

All of these fish are considered "reef safe" to "with caution."

I know the hippo tang gets quite large but if I decided to get one, it'd be awhile before he got too large(then I could transfer).

So if ya can just give me a few scenarios of what you think would be a cool set up, that'd be awesome!

All the butterflies are risky and tough to feed I would just stick to one if any

Well yeah im not saying all of them haha just a list of ones I like so I figure mix n match ya know? Obviously one butterfly per tank and 1 tang per tank unless added at the same time

How about the snowflake, a fu man chu lion, maroon clown, kole yellow eye tang, and the either the fox face or a butterfly.

Mrc8858 said:
How about the snowflake, a fu man chu lion, maroon clown, kole yellow eye tang, and the either the fox face or a butterfly.

Hmm not bad.. kole yellow would be a good replacement for a trigger that I originally wanted..

Gonna be tricky to make a reef with these guys!!! Lol

DanS180 said:
Hmm not bad.. kole yellow would be a good replacement for a trigger that I originally wanted..

Gonna be tricky to make a reef with these guys!!! Lol

Yes but doable lol just gonna have to choose corals accordingly instead of the other way around haha

Back
Top Bottom