GBOY & NU NU 30 gal saltwater build!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gboy66 said:
The best invert!!

I'd say get a Coral banded shrimp but others say it's aggressive. Mine isn't so I guess I was lucky. I've had a peppermint shrimp that was active but nothing like my CBS. He has like 6 arms so he cleans multiple things at once; I find him pretty cool and he's may favorite shrimp of all

Ibrahim said:
Maybe add him last. I added him first and no problems so far.

Really?? Woah! I really want one too, but i'd be pretty upset if he killed our future pistol shrimp lol

Gboy66 said:
Really?? Woah! I really want one too, but i'd be pretty upset if he killed our future pistol shrimp lol

I doubt he would kill a pistol shrimp if he doesn't harm a hermit crab

I would think so. But do you want two bigger types of shrimp? A sexy shrimp is smaller and still interesting. Same with a harlequin but I think they have hard feeding requirements.

needmorecowbell said:
I would think so. But do you want two bigger types of shrimp? A sexy shrimp is smaller and still interesting. Same with a harlequin but I think they have hard feeding requirements.

We definitly want a cleaner, and the pistol for the goby. Think we could fit a banded as well?

Okay cool! If we do get one which will be in a long time, do you think it would be good to get a very small one and add him last?

needmorecowbell said:

Harlequins are some the most awesome looking shrimp. Like you said though, they only eat starfish.

Im not sure. I know they eat the smaller ones, I think they're called asterina stars. I thought I heard that you can feed them legs of starfish. I have no clue though.

Yup i think you just cut off a leg and feed it to them.. The leg will grow back so people just have like 20 starfish in a seperate tank and keep choppin off legs and waiting for it to grow back...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom