My 55 gallon reef build.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
appreciate that Mr.x . They look almost exactly like those amphipods from what I can see. Are they are a bad thing?

Got some new coral plus a new full tank shot. As you can see I wanted to free up some space in the middle to get some better flow and create a more mid level lighting space for the coral (hard to do when the tank is only 12 inches wide)

Attachments

• IMG_0729.jpg
    IMG_0729.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_0725.jpg
    IMG_0725.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_0703.jpg
    IMG_0703.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_0699.jpg
    IMG_0699.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 144
Yes I still have not got a background yet(shame on me!!) I will be fixing up the right side of the tank think of putting another flat rock in the middle.

Oh and in case your wondering ... why no fish?? They are all in qt got ick like CRAZY! From the firefish I put in a while ago without QT it. It's going on about 4 weeks since the fish have been out, I'm waiting on 8 weeks till I put them back in.

Attachments

• IMG_0733.jpg
    IMG_0733.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 110
The tank looks awesome! What is that purple animal in the first pic? Also, are you noticing any changes in your parameters? I've read that corals should be added 1 each month for acclimation. I'm hoping yours works out because I don't want to wait that long for each of my corals haha.

that is a good practice for fish, but you can put many frags in a tank without effecting anything. great shots btw!

Just.A.Bit.Salty said:
lol Yea and of course I also have powerheads on the tank I left that out. I agree on the sump I will be building a sump for the tank so I can have more water volume they do seem pretty easy to make but that's about a month away..Thanks

Hi Salty lol
I am new to this website as well as new to the aquarium world. I have a quick silly question if you cold answer for me. Powerheads for aquariums! Are they powered by an air pump or electricity?

Thanks

Just.A.Bit.Salty said:
Got some new coral plus a new full tank shot. As you can see I wanted to free up some space in the middle to get some better flow and create a more mid level lighting space for the coral (hard to do when the tank is only 12 inches wide)

Nice shots

Thanks for the nice comments guys. Yea and as Mr.x said you will be fine I've had no difference in water parameters at all. If I'm looking at the picture right I think what you see is the very front of the clam that is purple. It that what you were talking about?

Oh and the thing by the redcap is a snail, just in case that is what you saw.

i was curious what type of lighting are you currently using?

Back
Top Bottom