What kind of tank should i have in my room.??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

davidmaguirre

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello, please help me decide what tank i should keep in my room in my house. Currently i have a piranha tank in my room and it is 95 gallons. It has a wet/dry filter drilled and prepped into it and that is good for saltwater tanks i believe.. Anyways, i had 5 piranhas and i am down to two. I think i want to donate them to my lfs and either transform the 95 gallon to saltwater or I want to sell that tank and move my 30 gallon biocube into my room.? What should I do? give me your own personal opinion please? thanx!!

Please read the post.. should I Leo the 95 gallon and turn it to saltwater or put my 30 gallon biocube in my room and get rid of the 95 gallon?

I would turn the 95Gal into a saltwater tank. The only reason I say so, starting small is nice to understand the saltwater world. But not before long you would want to upgrade to a bigger tank. That's what I did, and ended up spending more money in the long run. Plus there is alot more you would be able to put in that 95Gal such as fish and corals compared to the 28Gal biocube. The reason I said 28Gal is b/c the filter in the back contains at least 2Gal if not more. There fore the space in the tank it self is a little smaller, only allowing so much for fish, etc.

Ok thanx for your opinion:) I understand that would b a good idea for a starter but I wouldn't consider my self a starter I have a 125 saltwater in my living room that has been set up for almost 4 yrs and before that a 75 gallon saltwater aquarium lol any other opinions?

You are asking opinions of what you should do in your own room? Pick up your dirty clothes and make your bed.

Are you fine with the noise of the overflows, drains, socks, skimmers, power heads, etc in your room at night? If you have a reef already in the living room, maybe a fowlr with a moray eel.

Back
Top Bottom