Zach's 20 gal long build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my plan for this week
buy a power head
buy some inverts
buy some empty shells
buy some frags

Not all the stuff said about petco is true. My petco is where I got all my livestock for my nano tank and they are all doing great. About the fact that they don't treat their fish is incorrect as when I wanted to buy a B&W clown they refused to sell it to me because they came in a shipment that was sick and put up a sign saying they weren't for sale along with the other tanks in that row as every row is connected to one sump. If you like your petco and know the manager well then by all means go to it. My fish buddy (before I joined this thread) works at petco and he gave me shipments that were sick after he quarantined them for me to trade in at the LFS so I can get store credit and buy whatever I need. Infact he gave me one of my first fish a yellow tang which I have until today which is doing amazing

Attachments

• image-3335912704.jpg
    image-3335912704.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 77
Am I reading this right, but Petco gave you sick fish, which you then traded at a LFS for credit or other healthy fish? If so, that's really dirty...

MikeYQM said:
Am I reading this right, but Petco gave you sick fish, which you then traded at a LFS for credit or other healthy fish? If so, that's really dirty...

Noo lol my friend at petco took in a sick fish, quarantined it then gave it to me.

It worked all 3 times for me. And it said minimum tank size is a 30 g... You have a 20 g....

20L, its so much better than a dwarf angel, please give your aprooval

I think there are cooler fish that you could find that would fit in your tank much
Better! Royal gramma? Cardnal fish?

every single website but live aquaria says a 20 is ok, google it for your self

After further research... IMO not experience, you should be able to keep the bass. Several resources say minimum of (10) gallons and a couple at (20).

So, in this 20G how much live rock do you have again, since the chalk requires caves and whatnot to be happy...and how many other fish are you planning on again?

What happened to "I'm not going to shop for fish and am going to actually learn how to build a tank properly"? Seriously, that lasted what, 48 hours? LOL

the tank has aprox. 30 pounds of live rock and i am getting another 10 pounds of live rock, i think thats enough,is it?

Figured I've been quiet for a while so I would post. lol

I don't think the chalk bass is a bad idea, but it would of course depend on the rest of the stocking. :)

Zach, not a bad pick with the chalk bass, I have actually looked at them myself as they are the smallest bass there is for home aquaria.

What else do you have on your list that would go with the bass? Also, do you have a qt setup yet? I know you had a rough time with the first batchof fish you had. :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom