Kansas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Drat! I feel like I am the only person with an aquarium in my town. Haha. I'm sure there are more, I just can't find them. Looking for a group :)

I'm from South Central Kansas. We have a local aquarium club also if any is interested in local friends? It's called Air Capital Aquarium Club or ACAC

I am a member on the HAAS website (or at least I signed up for the one year free- not sure if that counts).
I have browsed the site a few times but have never quite figured it out. I found it hard to get info about what goes on at meetings and auctions, where they are located, and who is invited.
When reading around on the site I always feel like 1) everyone knows each other because they use a lot of lingo I don't understand and have inside jokes, and 2) the main fish that everyone is interested in are cichlids (I'm not a cichlid person).
I don't frequent the site very often because of those things. Also just from reading threads on there it seems like the members are significantly more judgmental and critical of each other than members on this site.

Hello from Kansas City, MO.

Not true about HAAS. I joined in January and went to my first meeting a couple of weeks ago. They are held once a month at a church near the Legends Shopping Center. Since joining I have received lots of help from many of the members and have even acquired lots of free plants and snails from them. Many on the forum have been there for a lot of years and do know each other but they welcomed me to the group and I will welcome any new member too.

That's great to hear :) I am in no way saying that's how it actually is- that's just how it seems to me after browsing the site for a few months.
I haven't been to any meetings or met any members in person so I'm sure it's much different in reality.

Back
Top Bottom