10 gallon centerpiece

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Depends on what you like but to me a female betta would look better. They have better personalities but really which do you prefer?

I like how female bettas have more personality but i also like that neon tetras have a small bio load and that they're cooler ful but i think I'll go with the bettas

Females bettas are very nice looking and much more hardy than neons. If you look on Aquabid, you should be able to find multiple colors of females. If you ever decide to give breeding bettas a try, just buy a make and condition him up in another tank. I have breed them in placstic sweater boxes with great success. If you never observed them breed you should try to do so. It is one of the coolest fish behaviors you will ever see.

Definitely go with the bettas....few things are as wonderful as a truly well done betta sorority. Start with a 20-30 gallon tank though: you can start a sorority in a 10 but trust me, you'll be aching to expand within a month or two, so why waste money on a tank that'll be obsolete?

lol my mom claims that 2 tanks os to much and she says a lot of tanks is for crazy people. I guess im craxy haha

I think a female betta, but I have tried multiple times to house female bettas in the same tank but it has never worked out. Not sure if I just so happened to pick out the most aggressive females or what, but it was not a good experience whatsoever... :/

Bettas do better together the more plants you have in the tank. That and tall ornaments that break up their line of sight

Back
Top Bottom