55 gallon canister filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Skeeter4158098

Aquarium Advice Activist
Is a fluval 306 really big enough for a 55 gallon tank. I have seen a few post saying if your tank looks cloudy that it may ne because you need a bigger filter. Everything I have seen about the 306 fluval is that it is plenty big enough just want to make sure I didn't under filter my tank.

I ran a 306 on my 60g for 3 months, it kept the water good and clean, but not enough movement across the tank so I bought a 30$ HOB from Walmart and put on one side and the 306 on the other and all is fine a dandy

So when you say movement on the tank I have the output angeled to the side so it circulates it. If i put food in you can see it go in a circle all the way around the tank. Also have the shut off valve half way open if I open it all the way I get a little whirl pool right above the out take.

More output is below my water surface bc I have plants and it helps keep the CO2 up. And once your filter gets dirtier it slows down significantly

Back
Top Bottom