62 gal Stocking Thought page

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PsiPro

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello,

I am talking my dad into doing a DIY aquarium with me when I get hom from college for spring break. Going to go all acrylic if I can find a vendor in the area. Otherwise going plywood/acrylic bbecausei know i can get smaller ppiecesof acrylic.

Here is what i currently house,
4 pea puffers, 1 fig eight puffer
4 cory cats, three kuli loaches, 3 zebra danios

I am going to see about giving away the puffers when i get back, but its unlikely i will find someday i will want to give them to. So for now I am planning on keeping them.

My current idea, I was going to section off the tank, and give the puffers a 20gal section to live in, separated from the rest of the tank and designed differently. I think this will give the tank a unique look, but more importantly it will separate them from the rest of my fish. I know 20gal is less then the idea for those fish, but since they are rescues they should count their lucky stars they have someday who will keep them and do daily water changes for em :)

So lets say I have 40 gal to work with on the other side, already stocked with 4 cory cats, three kuli loaches, 3 zebra danios. I would like to add some more showy fish, not angles however.

My "requirements"
--The fish must be semi-hardy. Twice a year i will need to tear down the tank and move it from school to home, an 8 hr drive. because i run a side business selling fish on ebay, i have the resources do get them there safely and happily, however this eliminates fish wich die under stressful conditions. Because of this move my tank would probably do a very small mini cycle. This would probably eliminate discus (however i do want to try them :) sometime).
--I want to do some vibrantly colored fish. I have really enjoyed the Blue Ram pics i have seen around, would they be a possibility.
--If all else fails, i like oddball fish.

Dose anything have suggestions for stocking list? This is all up in the air it will be at least three weeks until I even order the parts for the aquarium.

I wont have to wait for the tank to cycle, much, I have a canister filter coming now rated up to 65gal on its way and i already have a powerhead rated up to 50gal. So when the canister gets here i will run it with my old filter to get the bacteria bed set up.

I will also need to buy lighting as the tank will be planted, I already have everything else i need. I think.

Oh yes, I don't mind high maintinace fish :) as long as what i need to feed them is easily available at the pet store or publics (grocery store).

TIA

P.S. I think I may have MTS :(

is your current tank brackish?
be very carefull with that, brackish is even more sensitve to over stocking then FW.

there is a good resorce for puffer information (like if that figure8 needs to be gradualy moved to full salt) pufferfoums or something like that.

Ya I know. I'm gonna get him out to his own tank ASAP where I can control his conditions more.

Just let this thread die, I compromised with my dad and am hoping to get either a 55gal Tunnel tank, or a 50gal reg tank.

Back
Top Bottom