A happy surprise--a baby albino cory!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Razorbackfan

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Tonight I found a baby albino cory in my 27-gallon tank. The tank has driftwood and is pretty heavily planted so there are lots of good hiding places. There have been quite a few eggs around the tank, but I'm surprised that any of them survived long enough to hatch.

So here are my questions:

The little cory is about a half-inch long. Could it get eaten by any of the other fish in the tank (black neon tetras, von rio tetras, and the other albino cories)?

Does it need any special food? Everyone gets frozen food (daphnia, bloodworms, glassworms, or brine shrimp) every 3-4 days. The rest of the time the cories get algae wafers and everyone else gets Omega flake food.

Is there anything else I need to do to help it survive to maturity?

Congrats! I think a cory of that size will be fine with those tankmates. The food you are already feeding sounds good, so I wouldn't worry about doing anything else. It was good enough to get him this far, so it should be fine to get him further. :)

My two female cories have laid eggs numerous times but the other fish (especially the male cories!) always come along after them and eat all the eggs. I've not had one survive yet. Very cool that yours did!

Back
Top Bottom