after so much research, i still failed.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got some of the gel tube plants (actually for terrariums) and it's growing just fine under water lol. I think it's some kind of bamboo.

how long has it been in your tank? i'm not sure what i'm gunna do with this plant.. might put it in bubbles's tank as an experiment but atm its in a vase.

tank change update pictures :p

img_1062481_0_e0eaf5048ab4d30d12dcc3ef28a538eb.jpg

i was planning on putting the val i grew in this tank but there wasnt any room.. until now haha.. but not sure if i wanna keep it in there. i really want to get a lilly of some sort.

i had a blue Trichogaster trichopterus before. a friend gave it to me he hatched it and raised it from a fry. i have a gold one now someone gave me. good luck.

bamboo will grow as long as the leaves are out of water... most of the plants you get that are non aquatic will slowly die over a few weeks to a month or so... i made that mistake myself... annnie, the reason they keep them alive in the tanks at the store is because they arent in there very long... they will live a few weeks, but eventually they will rot because they are not truly aquatic... if you let the leaves out all the way they'll grow and live, but just having the tips out probably wont do much for you

ok thanks for the info. I'll know better next time.. and i'll stick to buying from my trusty fish store.

i had a blue Trichogaster trichopterus before. a friend gave it to me he hatched it and raised it from a fry. i have a gold one now someone gave me. good luck.

the gold ones look so nice!.. did your blue one get aggressive as it got older? and how fast did it grow?

no it was mild i got it after it stopped spawning so it was already at a old age. i have/had them in a community tank.

seeing as tho i'm very bored.. i managed to get some photos.. still a bit blurring tho *shakes fist at camera*

the gourami with the obsessed guppy (the blur)
img_1062519_0_a86e87fbd994eefee786a65333ebbad8.jpg

the gourami wanting to be in the cory gang
img_1062519_1_c543220e25b2c872d46e216ce0405e6d.jpg

My little ones I got (the bamboo sort) are doing just fine in the water. But my favorite plant is the one I got from a cheap bulb at WalMart lol. It's maroon and growing like crazy!

its so small lol.... used to seeing my full grown adult lol
haha hes so little and cute!.. he's the same size as my female cory, maybe even smaller.

My little ones I got (the bamboo sort) are doing just fine in the water. But my favorite plant is the one I got from a cheap bulb at WalMart lol. It's maroon and growing like crazy!

i love how cheap good plants are!.. my pet store is huge and the plants they have are so cheap!.. but.. they also have the really expensive ones! and those 1's r pretty tempting haha

Of course they are tempting! LOL! Everything that's spendy is tempting to me....lol

haha very true!.. i've been looking up marine tanks to buy :O i would love corals and all the saltwater goodies.. too bad its so expensive!

I know....and the fact that, as far as I can tell, it's a lot more work than freshwater.....I have 5 tanks to take care of now, and that's PLENTY....FOR NOW!!! HAHAHA! Now I just have to get a bigger house.

yeah.. maybe 1 day ill go saltwater. But for now im planning my next tank.. im looking at 50 gallons and my bf said he will build the stand and hood and wire everything.. hmmm dunno if i trust him to do that haha i dont want a fire hazard!

Do it! 55 is awesome! Just think of all the fish you can get! And the fact that he wants to help is a good thing!!! Make sure the stand can hold like 650 lbs though lol! And as far as the wiring goes, I would be more afraid of electrocuting my fish hahaha!

yeah exactly! i dont want the fish electrocuted :O
It wont be for a month or 2 but i'm already planning it ;) ..cant wait!!

Back
Top Bottom