Algae. Unsightly and healthy?? Idk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I allow algae growth on the back wall of my tank and on the rocks, but remove it from front and sides of the glass. Guess it depends on the aesthetics. I don't mind a green coating on the back wall and rocks. Looks kinda natural and (if I understand it correctly) produces oxygen and eats up nitrates as well as providing food for my shrimps.

Other algae types may change my mind, but for now I am encouraging it with having the lights on approx 10-12 hours a day.

I actually have a female German blue ram in the tank. A few neons and a few danios.

My ram shows no signs of stress or labored breathing. She's very active and her Colors are bright

I actually have a female German blue ram in the tank. A few neons and a few danios.

My ram shows no signs of stress or labored breathing. She's very active and her Colors are bright

Very cool. I had a pair that wasnt so happy but I have learned more since then. Do you have live plants or only algae?

Very cool. I had a pair that wasnt so happy but I have learned more since then. Do you have live plants or only algae?

I have live plants. But the algae has mostly taken over. Anubias jungle val and Java ferns. I like the look of algae on the back wall of the tank. But there was a point when I let it grow that I could barely see in to the tank. Will post some pics soon

I have live plants. But the algae has mostly taken over. Anubias jungle val and Java ferns. I like the look of algae on the back wall of the tank. But there was a point when I let it grow that I could barely see in to the tank. Will post some pics soon

Cool I ma very interested.

Back
Top Bottom