Am I overstocked

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tylermakin

Aquarium Advice Activist
2 zebra danios
2 endler guppy male
9 fancy guppy
6 red eye tetra
10 platy
3 24k gold molly
1 dalmation molly (it's a runt 1 inch full grown)
1 black and gold molly

37g tank. Water parameters are always fine. There's a lot of activity but they all seem to have sufficient room to move... ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392515615.527398.jpg ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392515660.208722.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392515708.799971.jpg

Also any other comments are appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
It sounded ok to me until I got to the 10 platys haha! Livebearers tend to have a large bioload despite their small size. It might be a bit overstocked, but as long as you keep an eye on nitrates and do large weekly water changes I think you're good :)

I'm actually not certain the sort the 10 is and guessed because they were fry from a fish that I forgot what it was ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392521367.486215.jpg
They don't seem to have developed there colour as the mother was much more orange.

I would also like to increase the amount of light in the tank via some sort of led addition as I don't find the brightness enough for viewing with only a t8 24" actinic bulb.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm the fish in that picture actually reminds me if the shape of a young female swordtail.

Back
Top Bottom