Anyone know anything about Dwarf Cories?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Corey

Aquarium Advice Activist
I went to LFS expecting to get a few cories, but seeing as I only have a 20 gallon high, I wasn't sure if they'd be happy in a group of only 3 (all I can fit, I think). I ended up getting six dwarf Cories - and by dwarf I do mean dwarf. These guys are tiny, they only get ~ an inch long. Mine are the "Corydoras habrosus" as pictured here:

http://mike-edwardes.members.beeb.net/Cpygmaeus.html

I was told by the LFS that they will eat scraps and algae wafers.
Now I am rethinking my decision. When I put them in, they were scattered about the tank, and were chased around by my Danios and Blue Rams. They seemed perfectly able to fend for themselves, but now they are huddled under my driftwood, which is home to a Butterfly Pleco, who I'm sure isn't thrilled about their invasion. I'm hoping my other fish will get bored of them.

Has anyone had any experience with these guys? I liked the idea of being able to keep enough to form a school, and they're very cute. I'm just not sure they'll do so well - they look REALLY small in my tank at the moment. They're literally only slightly larger than my gravel rocks.
Any info on them is appreciated,
Thanks!

I have three in my 55 gallon, they were moved from a 10 when I upgraded. I really like them as they are kind of unusual. Mine don't school together, or with my larger school of seven pandas (not a big suprise). They tend to say by themselves, especially when they are foraging, which they do quite often. They are fairly active cories. Occassionally I will see them rest together in groups of two or three. They definately eat stuff off the bottom and are always going up and down the leaves of my plants (live plants). They don't really seem to eat the wafers that I feed my other cories occasionally. Mine have probably gotten close to .5 inch (or at least they seem that big). I can try to take a photo of them sometime and post it in my gallery.

Back
Top Bottom