Betta and betta and...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xfactor6699

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I have a 40g with a male betta and 8 harlequin rasborias what else can I do...can rams go in with him...any knowledge on this would be greatly appreciated

A pair of rams will be fine, they occupy the bottom of the tank. But that makes it harder for any other bottom dwellers...
Could always do another shoaling species.

What color is your betta? What about some rummynose or cardinal tetras??

Both of those would be just fine. I have cardinals, black neons, and harlequin rasboras with mine, and plan on a discus tank with rummy nose and cardinals again. I will post a pic of my betta. Has to be seen ;)

Here is my crowntail.

Attachments

• image-530031874.jpg
    image-530031874.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 86
  • image-2209529611.jpg
    image-2209529611.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 89
Beautiful crown tail when my crown tail comes in ill post pics he's going to be all white... I think I will stock with my betta 8 rasborias breeding pair of rams and amano shrimp...anything else chime in

Hopefully your shrimp are too large to be a snack for the rams.
Give them lots of hiding places!
And I love the solid color bettas!!

HalfMoon B said:
Hopefully your shrimp are too large to be a snack for the rams.
Give them lots of hiding places!
And I love the solid color bettas!!

Amano should be way big enough atleast I hope

Bamboo shrimp have always crreeped me out. I bought one once and it died the next day. We found it was full of little eggs and it got them everywhere...have been scared of them since.

They are filter feeders, so they don't forage the same way other shrimp do. My petco carries them, and they have a hard time keeping them
Having to dose the entire system with something like insufora, which just gets filter red out before they can get to it, because the system is too large.

Back
Top Bottom