Betta Food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smcoyle87

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've been feeding my male Betta New Life Spectrum small fish formula for about 2 months now. He loves it! But I was just wondering if I actually need to feed him "Betta Food?" I always just thought that was a ploy by companies to take more of our money lol.
New Life Spectrum is probably the best food out there these days so I was just wondering if "Betta Food" is actually better for them? :huh:

Thanks

I use bloodworms for all my bettas, though they do eat the flakes and brine shrimp I put in the tank as well.

I'm not having a problem getting my betta to eat, i was just wondering if the food labeled "betta food"they is actually better for them than other foods. But yes, i do goive him bloodworms from time to time.

Smcoyle87 said:
I'm not having a problem getting my betta to eat, i was just wondering if the food labeled "betta food"they is actually better for them than other foods. But yes, i do goive him bloodworms from time to time.

The "betta" food I believe is higher in protein then normal tropical foods. But I haven't compared the bottles though. I don't think it matters too much, some fish can handle more protein and others can't. Tropical food is a mixure. I feed mine both tropical and meat because they need more protein(meat eater).
I don't think the betta food is better, its just processed food, I'd rather give them the real deal. ;)

Back
Top Bottom