Betta questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xfactor6699

Aquarium Advice Addict
One what's the best tank size and is a tall or long better also what fish can I put with it

Long is always better because there's more surface area for oxygen exchange even though Berra can breath oxygen directly From air.

Tank mates really depends on the Betta personality. I have ottos in mine and they get along nicely. Maybe because I brought my betta when he was a juvenile. I'm planning to add shrimps soon. Once my plants get denser.

What size tank is good I dont want anything huge but dont want anything to small I can't put other fish with him

xfactor6699 said:
What size tank is good I dont want anything huge but dont want anything to small I can't put other fish with him

10~20 gallon is fine! Another thing u can add to ur betta tank is plants :) they look amazing and betta don't uproot them

Hubert90 said:
10~20 gallon is fine! Another thing u can add to ur betta tank is plants :) they look amazing and betta don't uproot them

yeah live plants are what I was thinking.... So how many females can go in with a male cause ive thought about breeding

xfactor6699 said:
yeah live plants are what I was thinking.... So how many females can go in with a male cause ive thought about breeding

Hmm breeding isn't as easy as putting a pair together. It's alot more complicated. First u have to separate them until they are ready to breed or else they will just fight. They are ready to breed when the female color deepens I think. And blah blah Blah.. Haha ask bettababe and siva they are know they Betta

If you plan to breed you should consider getting all of the necessary equipment to do it successfully. It includes growout tanks and ALOT of containers to separate the males in. It can be a worthwhile endeavor, just do your homework.

You would put one female in the with the male once they have both been conditioned. This can be a violent process, it requires supervision and immediate seperation once the deed is done. Do you have grow out tanks for the fry? Homes for them to go to?

For a betta by himself, 5 gals is the minimum IMO. If you want to have a community with your betta, you can do it in a 10 but you end up with very limited options as far as what else you can stock. Platties and neons being the most popular suitable choices. I would recommend 20 gals for the community so you have more options. :)

i have tried to breed betas but they never bred except one time but all the fry got sick and died try breeding guppies they are allot easier

Back
Top Bottom