bettas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ive read about alot of people doing betta soretys(spellcheck) just gotta be careful and watch them

*Sororities. I had one and it went very bad. It's honestly a lot of stress for you and the fish. It requires a good deal of research and pre-planning. It's a much bigger deal than what people let on to. I would say to try out some other fish than female bettas. I would not trust this set-up with a mix of the sexes. You would need lots more plants and hiding places. So, the cave decor you can pick up at a pet shop, terra cotta pots, slate caves, or anything else. You could do more of that pipe, if you like that look.

I would guess 30g isn't large enough either, but this is just my idea. The only time I have ever heard of males getting along long term in one tank was three in a 125g, well planted with a complex cave system. I'm sure males and females would be a similar issue. Some people have had no issue, of course, but bettas are very unique from one another.

another thing to consider is betta sororities are generally tanks that only consist of female bettas.. you are trying to do male and 2/3 female. with all those other fish you listed that you want to add.. it might not be a great idea

*Sororities. I had one and it went very bad. It's honestly a lot of stress for you and the fish. It requires a good deal of research and pre-planning. It's a much bigger deal than what people let on to. I would say to try out some other fish than female bettas. I would not trust this set-up with a mix of the sexes. You would need lots more plants and hiding places. So, the cave decor you can pick up at a pet shop, terra cotta pots, slate caves, or anything else. You could do more of that pipe, if you like that look.

I would guess 30g isn't large enough either, but this is just my idea. The only time I have ever heard of males getting along long term in one tank was three in a 125g, well planted with a complex cave system. I'm sure males and females would be a similar issue. Some people have had no issue, of course, but bettas are very unique from one another.

what other kind of fish would you suggest instead of female bettas for the upper region of my tank? And eventually im going to have a full carpet of dwarf hairgrass covering the bottom of the tank and the pipe and im planning on adding alot more caves and hiding spots. And alot more plants once i get a new canopy, lights,co2, and a layer of nutrient rich soil under my sand. as for the size of the tank yeah it could be a bit bigger but im doing the best with what i can afford as soon as im able to buy a bigger tank i will :) and i already have a few spare 10g tanks incase the bettas dont get along

another thing to consider is betta sororities are generally tanks that only consist of female bettas.. you are trying to do male and 2/3 female. with all those other fish you listed that you want to add.. it might not be a great idea

and thats why i was asking on here lol :brows: and the betta i have now doesnt even take notice of my other fish as most of them are nocturnal and only come out when hes under his filter sleeping

hmmmmmm, hatchet's? you need a tight fitting lid if you keep them though.

noobaquarists said:
and thats why i was asking on here lol :brows: and the betta i have now doesnt even take notice of my other fish as most of them are nocturnal and only come out when hes under his filter sleeping

I know :) just sharing my opinion. I know bettas can coexist with quite a few types of fish.. mine lives with 7 neons in an 8g tank and he schools with them lol

noobaquarists said:
lol gonna have to look at neons a bit and make up my mind on them

the stay at the bottom mostly.. and it seems like you have enough bottom dwellers.. Umm any top swimmers that don't have flowing fins

How did it go? did you add the females to the tank with the male?

How did it go? did you add the females to the tank with the male?

no i decided not to do it i got a female in her own tank and the male is in her tank inside a breeder trap and they didnt even pay attention to each other so i released him back into my big tank gonna try again in a month or so

Back
Top Bottom