Bubbles!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Beacious

Aquarium Advice Freak
Bubbles upon bubbles in my tank caused by my "Top Fin 10" power filter!!!!
What does it all mean?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Are the bubbles on the surface of the water or are they throughout the tank? Also, is this a new tank? It is not necessarily a bad thing, and could be simply from splashing of the return.

Do not panic. They are just air bubbles. If they are along the sides of your tank--you have two choices.
1) leave them there and they will go away over time
2) rub your hand along them to "wipe" them off

If they are in the middle of the tank, is the force of the water being pushed back into the tank producing them?

I am not familiar with the Top Fin 10 power filter--how much current does it produce underwater? How high is the water level in the tank? Is it up to the return of the filter?

I think i've seen top fin at petsmart..they are kinda like whispers..

Sometimes dechlorinator products will create a film on the surface of the water and this will bubble up when the return water splashes into it. If this is the tank that you are cycling with shrimp (correct me if I am wrong) it is probably related to the decomposing material, and once the cycle is done and you put fish in there the bubbles will go away.

Back
Top Bottom