cichlids or gouramis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cichlids or gouramis????

• cichlids

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • gouramis

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I voted for Gouramis as I felt those were the better of the two for me to start my fish keeping adventure with. Although, there were quite a few Cichlids that I really liked when I started looking at the different fish that were available. Mainly the Electric Blue and Electric Yellow Cichlids. :)

- Mandy

cichlids all the way because there is such a huge variety of cichlids

and plus the Angelfish is a cichlid!

i voted gouramis because around here tilapia are synonymous with foul stagnant water so it's hard for me to like them unless i happen to come across a really colorful one unlike the local grey/black splotchy/sickly-looking ones.

Cichlids they are so fun to watch and all have there own personality.

I voted for gouramis just because I think some of them are really neat like the pink kissers and snakeskin ones. Plus you don't have to worry about the PH that much like you do with the higher PH demanding cichlids.

Cichlids- there are so many interesting and colorful species, and IMO they have more personality than gouramis. I like gouramis too though. :mrgreen:

Gouramis make better community fish because they're less aggressive. Well... except for my demon fish... but there's just something not right about him.

Gouramis have their own little personalities. My male cinnamon is just so dominant and territorial, its funny sometimes he gets "aggressive" with some of my new plants. My poor female is always on the run. And both of them love to pick up snails and try to eat them. (wish they could).
I like both, can't pick just one!!!

I really like them both, but I chose gouramis. I love their personalities and how they wave their feelers at things. I do like cichlids though, I have some amazing angels.

BTW RoK, what is that gourami in your profile?

cheezysquirrelz said:
BTW RoK, what is that gourami in your profile?
A male opaline gourami, it's not mine though, I found the pic online. The males have that more darker color to them than females, usually. They don't always show it off like that though.

Back
Top Bottom