Cory cats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dom11

Aquarium Advice Regular
My new albino cories don't seem to be interested in eating frozen bloodworms.. Or much of anything really yet they're active

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

It can take fish some time to settle in to their new environment. Stressed fish don't eat, so just hold back with the food for a couple days and try again. High activity could be stress related.

Well they seem to behave normally. They dig around, swim around and rest. They start eating and then just stop and leave nearly all of them.

Maybe they will eat at night

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Maybe

Try feeding them right before you turn the lights out

Okay thanks

Mine eat more actively at night. When I feed I see them peep out and dig around but ignore the blatantly obvious food right in front of them, but by morning it's all eaten. Cories aren't really picky in my experience, but I make sure I have a nice variety of food throughout the week so that if there is something they aren't eating one day then it's not like I'm starving them. A lot of what I see them eat is particles of food that have broken down so it's hard to tell what it actually was to start with. Sinking shrimp pellets seem to be the all time favorite.

Yeah cause I put a lot of blood worms in and they were all over right in front of them but they weren't interested

Maybe they are stressed from being in a small tank or new tank

Fishobsessed7

Yeah cause I put a lot of blood worms in and they were all over right in front of them but they weren't interested

They are still stressed, like I had initially said. Don't confuse activity for comfort - the two are not necessarily synonymous. Excessive activity is like nervous energy being burnt off. You really shouldn't worry about feeding them for a few days.

If I remember from a previous thread of yours, you have them in a 6.5 gallon tank? They are stressed. My Corys adore blood worms, brine shrimp, frozen omnivore cubes, NLS pellets, and whatever else try can get their mouth on.

Hoping the best for those lil guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yeah I won't feed them tomorrow either. I usually feed my fish every other day

Mine eat more actively at night. When I feed I see them peep out and dig around but ignore the blatantly obvious food right in front of them, but by morning it's all eaten.

Corys often seem to be very nearsighted. I typically feed them after I feed my tetras in the later afternoon. By this time, the corys have been actively probing the substrate for a couple of hours. There have been many instances where I've dropped in a sinking carnivore pellet, the sand-probing cory comes a half inch or so from it, turns in the other direction, probes the substrate for a while longer, and finally finds the carnivore pellet a few minutes later.

Ahh okay. Well in this new tank all I have is 2 corys. May get a third but not sure. Been doing daily water changes to bring the nitrate down

Quite frankly, the reason you are considering getting a third Cory is exactly why you shouldn't. 2 fish are plenty - no need to subject a third to the already cramped quarters. It's not like 3 is a magic number that will make them happy - it's really no different than 2.

But they enjoy more of their own kind

You can it might stunt there growth

Back
Top Bottom