cucumbers...??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ahollland92690

Aquarium Advice Activist
ok so at my local pet store they always have sliced cucumbers in their tanks for fish to nibble on...so i put one in my tank and now i am wondering wat its for like do they like it? is it added nutrients or something?
and will it hurt my tank at all?

It's exactly the same as people. Veggies are good for fishy's too!!! So Yes they like 'em (a lot) Yes they provide nutrients and No it won't hurt your tank. note: Wash your veggies before putting them in and take them out after a couple of hours because they start to break down and then it's bad for your fishy's. Enjoy!

Oh PS. You can give them cucumbers, zucchini, skinned green peas, etc. They love the stuff.

not really any fish.. some fish wont eat them... mainly goldfish and various bottom feeders eat veggies, but you can try it and see... it cant hurt anything unless you let them rot in the tank

Most live bearers love veggies. I always blanch my vegetable when I feed them and then take them out the next day if there is any left. My angel eats the top of the broccoli but not the stock part. I offer them fresh vegetables about once a week.

Veggies will only hurt your tank if you leave them in there long enoug that they rot. We fed a pea to my wife's betta to help with bloating and he really tore it apart once we split it open for him.

Back
Top Bottom