discus and catfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

herp_mommy

Aquarium Advice Addict
1) I've read that corys can be kept in a discus tank, but only some species do well at those higher temps (82-86) Does anybody know what these species of corys are?

2) Would a twig catfish do well at these higher temps also?

I disagree. Paleatus are a cooler water species IME. The best cory that I'm aware of at higher temps are sterbai.

If the twig catfish is a farlowella, no. They prefer cool water and flow.

Well, I only say Paleatus because I had about 6 of them in with a discus tank and they did awesome....it was stable and they adapted just fine. I kept mine about 82 degrees and all was well.

Sterbai would be awesome though. :)

I disagree. Paleatus are a cooler water species IME. The best cory that I'm aware of at higher temps are sterbai.

If the twig catfish is a farlowella, no. They prefer cool water and flow.

I've also read sterbai, I was going to keep my discus around 84. And got it on the farlowella :D thanks

Well, I only say Paleatus because I had about 6 of them in with a discus tank and they did awesome....it was stable and they adapted just fine. I kept mine about 82 degrees and all was well.

Sterbai would be awesome though. :)

That's interesting. I tried to keep a school with apistos at 80 and they seemed lackluster and not "coryish" until I moved them to a tank at room temp (72-76). Could be a matter of stock, captive bred vs. wildcaught, etc. I guess.

Back
Top Bottom