Dwarf Blue and pink Kissing gouramies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishNCovice

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
are not taking flake food. What do they eat? i will try earthworms and see if they eat. do they need slowly sinking food?

one of the pink kissers likes to spend time at the surface, i know that they need to do this on occassion, but for like minutes at a time? is there something wrong with him/her?

My gouramis (past and present) have always gulped up whatever they could find. Flakes, pellets, brine shrimp, bloodworms, etc. Currently, my blue gourami likes to skim the surface for food when I first put it in and then makes his way down to the bottom to get every last bit.

Are these gouramis new to your tank? If so, they could just be acclimating.

Well, feel free to try different kinds of food. I would give them a few more days to adjust...a week more maybe...once they are adjusted, they should turn into little piggies! :)

I've noticed that gouramis seem to take slightly longer than other fish that i've purchased to get acclimated to the tank as far as loosing their timidity and wanting to eat.

My gouramis love bloodworms, they also eat flakes, daphnia, and they even peck at the algae waffers sometimes. Try feeding them at lights out they may eat then.

Back
Top Bottom