Fish rack

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sirtastic

Aquarium Advice Regular
I want to start a fish rack with like 3 60l tanks. I got a idea about the rack but i've got some questions.
- is it efficient to drill the 3 60l tanks for overflows?
- what kind of lighting do I have to use?
- normal inside filters or sponge filters?
-what kind of tops on the tanks?
I dont really want to spend much money but it takes what it takes.

All that should be dependent on the fish you plan to stock and long term use of tank?
As for equipment like lights are tanks being set up show or shotgun [end view]?
3 shotgunned tanks can use the same light.
Breeding/ grow out tanks use sponge filters driven by air usually.

I have a number of tanks and I racked six of them together for fish that like soft water and six for fish that like hard water. These are acrylic tanks, so they have inflow and outflow drilled in the back. Each of the sets of six tanks are all tied together with a wet/dry filter. Makes for easy cleaning and has worked quite well for four years. Only one disease problem and that was minor.

I want to keep/breed guppys and some shrimp. I dont think I can easily find acrylic tanks in my village. I can get a hand on a few 60l glass tanks? Are they good enough?

Glass tanks are fine but they are heavy, can leak, and I think, are less attractive because of the metal frame. If you are interested, you can order acrylic tanks over the internet. There are several dealers that handle them. That's how I got all mine.

Also in Europ? And don't the shipping costs get very high then?

Glass tanks are what most use.
No need to drill unless it is for maintenance.
Shrimp and guppy breeding should have air driven sponge filters, or at least sponge pre filtered HOB/canister. On a 15g/60l tank the sponge will be perfect.

Back
Top Bottom