Freeze-dried bloodworms!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Austin.b

Aquarium Advice Addict
I feed my fish 2 times a day, my bala sharks love bloodworms. I feed bloodworms everyday. Are there any problems with that? Theyre omega one freeze dried bloodworms. Help? Thanks!!

They should be considered a treat and not staple foods. Also freeze-dried foods can cause bloat. I'd only give them the bloodworms twice per week at most. Or you could try frozen bloodworms which are better than freeze-dried (just thaw out the cube first).

They should be considered a treat and not staple foods. Also freeze-dried foods can cause bloat. I'd only give them the bloodworms twice per week at most. Or you could try frozen bloodworms which are better than freeze-dried (just thaw out the cube first).

2X this.

Just be careful with the frozen stuff. I only do that in my tank 3X a week for my 55 gallon semi aggressive tank and I still end up with a bit of left overs. Feeding frozen everyday may muck up your tank. You should be doing tropical flakes daily, and doing bloodworms only a few times a week. Its healthier for your fish.

2X this.

Just be careful with the frozen stuff. I only do that in my tank 3X a week for my 55 gallon semi aggressive tank and I still end up with a bit of left overs. Feeding frozen everyday may muck up your tank. You should be doing tropical flakes daily, and doing bloodworms only a few times a week. Its healthier for your fish.

Agreed. Frozen foods are messy lol I give mine a cube once per week (maybe even less) and I thaw it out in a cup of tank water and spoon out a small portion to put into the tank, the rest gets tossed. For their normal diet I give NLS pellets and Flakes mostly, peas once per week and fast once per week.

librarygirl said:
Agreed. Frozen foods are messy lol I give mine a cube once per week (maybe even less) and I thaw it out in a cup of tank water and spoon out a small portion to put into the tank, the rest gets tossed. For their normal diet I give NLS pellets and Flakes mostly, peas once per week and fast once per week.

I just chop the still frozen cube in half and put what I don't need back in freezer. Less waste. ,)

Back
Top Bottom