Guppy help please!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ej_b1996

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi I just got these guppies today one male and female and the in pic shown, at the store they said it was a male? But this one has a REALLY big stomach and it turned around and it had black dots on the back belly so would this actually be a female that's pregnant?
The "female" is slimmer and smaller
Please help!

Ps: they're still in the bag because I'm still acclimating them haha

Attachments

• image-2340719248.jpg
    image-2340719248.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 64
  • image-2145827493.jpg
    image-2145827493.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 62
  • image-1094799621.jpg
    image-1094799621.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 72
Hi I just got these guppies today one male and female and the in pic shown, at the store they said it was a male? But this one has a REALLY big stomach and it turned around and it had black dots on the back belly so would this actually be a female that's pregnant?
The "female" is slimmer and smaller
Please help!

Ps: they're still in the bag because I'm still acclimating them haha

Can I have a better look of its anal fins?

Is this good?

And can you also tell me if the other guppy is a male please?
I'm planning on breeding them and ya haha

Attachments

• image-2625403068.jpg
    image-2625403068.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 66
  • image-1041204646.jpg
    image-1041204646.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 74
Oh ok but in your opinion do you think it is?

The big belly one is a female most definitely she has the gravid spot that accompany's with their pregnancy...I cant see the other one well enough to tell you if it is male or female ...the female anal fin flares and the males is more of a sharpened pencil ...here is a link to a pictorial graph Sexing Platies, Guppies, Mollies and Swordtails

I purchased both of them at the same time

Do you think it's a male? (Lower left)

And thank for the help geronica and sillyfishes! Appreciate it?

From what i see you have 2 females. Males are much smaller with larger back tail fin that seem to flow in the water current and are very vibrant in color. Guppies are best kept with a ratio of 1 male to 2 females. Male guppies tend to be very affectionate...

Back
Top Bottom