Happy new stocking thoughts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So is that stock ok?

8 rumys
4-6 Julli Cory's
2 German golds
1 blue zebra angle
8 harqualin rasbora, cardinal tetras, glo light tetras, or black phantoms
1 bn pleco
So when I go in tommorrow I'm gonna see all my possibilities, prices, and etc. getting excited, just hope I cycle this thing

CharlieKlein said:
Ohhhhhh that makes sense actually. So do you think I'm restarting now?

Yep. But not from the beginning. Just set back a bit.

Your stock list sounds pretty good. You'll find as you go what works and what doesn't. I have found that less is more in some cases. You may want to have just one kind of schooler for instance. It's way easier to keep a handle on things with fewer fish. And a crowded tank is usually more tense. It's nice when the fish have room to relax.

Also, when you go to get fish they may not have what you want, so you have to get something else instead that ends up pretty cool, but you might have to change things around a bit. That happened to me, but luckily I won't have to change anything around. And I couldn't wait to get fish (literally) so I had to get what was there :)

Hopefully it can fix itself!

Yeah, I'm not completely set yet. But for the corys I'll have to see the ones I like best. And instead if a 2nd schooler coul I get 3 platys?

Well I ha a great experience today. Went to the same lfs and first thing I see is that old man talking to someone. I snook past him to find te girl that was at the counter at the night. She didnt recognize me so we started talking and she tested the water and ammonia was 0 nitrites ad trates were high. But I was really happy for her to say "fish less cycling can take just as long as the fish in, but the ammonia your using I'd the best" so she knows that fish less works. And she does that way in her tanks! So I bought kh stuff cuz mine is 1 and it needs to be up. So I also bought an Anubis something, forgot the name I'll post a pic later. Ram this stock plan buy her 4 Julli Cory's 12 rumynose tetras 1 anglefish 2 German blue rams 1 bn(taminiki) pleco And she said sounds awesome, I'd add the Cory's, then the rumynose, then the angle, then pleco, then rams. Sounds great. She was so nice and knowledgable and even said "looks like you know what your doing" so I think I'm l the right track. Then my mom mentioned that nigh and the guy and the worker said " oh that was you... We had an employe meating about that, and made sure that guys on the right track. She also said she didn't think Id be back! But all ends well!!! I plan in getting a crypt next time in there, and Mabye even fish! So how long do y'all thin till my trites fall?

So glad you had a great experience there after all the other junk! Trites can take longer than ammonia to fall, but sounds like you're back on track!
Glad to see this progressing.

Thanks guys, did a 10 percent change like she reccommend we, and levels now are ammonia 0
Nitrites 2 and nitrates 10. So looks like I'm in the later part of the cycle. So I'm gonna dose to1-2 ppm like she said to. Sound good? And what about that stock? Ideas to add to it?

Another thing, how do I test kh? I have this bottle but nobodea how to test.

Attachments

• image-1918073825.jpg
    image-1918073825.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 55
Back
Top Bottom