Happy new stocking thoughts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's still on the low end considering that bb shut down at 6. I'm thinking that when your tank is mature and you have a stable colony of bb, a pH of 6.4 will be okay. But your bb colony is still immature and unstable. Eventually every surface in your tank will be covered in bb. But it's not there yet. So if it's not functioning at full capacity in the low pH, it can't convert the same amount of ammo. At least that's how I think it works. ;-)

The ammo- 2ppm, the pH- see how things go over night after dosing. If it converts 2ppm to 0, don't mess with it unless pH starts dropping. If pH drops again, I would use a little bit of crushed coral.

Crap Mabye dosed to4 ppm. I only put a 1 ml of ammonia in there

Attachments

• image-975385595.jpg
    image-975385595.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 50
Let it run an hour or two and test again. You may have got water for your test that hadn't mixed in since you just dosed the tank.

That Ja for saying that! 2ppm!! Nitrite is 0 and nitrate is 10. Ph is up again so I think it is the dosing ammo that is causing the swings. Is that ok!'v

Added a terra cotta pot I split in half. My dad called te owner today. Te owner wasn't happy. He offered us a gift cirtifict to make up for it, but my dad said that that's not what we want. What we want is to be able to go into your store and know we are gonna be helped and not yelled at, and to be treated with respect. I'm kinda numbed abou loosing my money but happy about the owner makin the offer!

Attachments

• image-1153743251.jpg
    image-1153743251.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 51
Yeah, that's nice. I don't see why you still couldn't get your refund if he offered. Maybe introduce yourself to the guy next time you go in. Your tank looks nice.

Thanks. My dad rejected the offer because it wasn't the point if why we were frustrated. Funny, when my mom was in buying a gift card, she remembers that guy, she said he was helping a guy and when the guy was leaving, the man rolled his eyes and was like yelling at him. So I guess it wasn't a fits time for him! We are going in in Saturday to talk to the owner and purchase plants. I think I got it all set for plants. Anubis in the from of big cichlid stone near driftwood. Red tiger lotus on the other side in between the two small stones. And a java fern in te middle, a then crypt or onio plant in the back

Well without thinking today I dosed 2ppm a 730. Now I remembered that I'm going in tommorrow, probably early afternoon. They're gonna test the water and see what's up. So I need to get that down! Mabye a big wc at noon? And also. Ph issues. 6. What's wrong?

Back
Top Bottom