How many of each? Another stocking question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rondory

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi,

This is what I'm looking to put in my tank and need to know how many of each.

46 gallon bowfront
Rena2 filter

Pair of kribs
Cory cats
tetra's( need suggestions on common and hardy ones for this newbie)
Oto's

Thank you

Cory cats like to be in schools. 5-6 is probably a good number. As for the tetras, I'm partial to Neons, but I also like the Bloodfins a lot too. At least 8 of these although they are not really tight schooling fish. They do add some color to the tank. 3-4 Otos ought to do the trick...

Will 18-20 fish overstock my tank?

2 kribs
5-6 cory cats
8 tetras
3-4 oto's

thank you!

I said it was a decent plan I ddnt say she couldn't add some thing else. i think if she picked a bigger tetra it would make a nice display.

You have a nice tank full as well. You need a couple more cories.

Thank you again for the comments. I've decided on the Diamond Tetra's today after staring at them for an hour at the lfs.

I have a 46 gallon bowfront too! I'm so excited about it. I can't wait for the cycle to finish (fishless and almost done).

Perfect size IMHO! Show us some pictures when you get it stocked!

I will :) . I'm planning on cardinals and rummy's for schoolers, then a pair of german blue rams, some ottos, and maybe a few guppies. I also want to get some cherry shrimp too.

Is that an abyssinian in your avatar? Cute kitty :) . My primary hobby is cats.

Yes, he is an Abyssinian and the love of our life.....shhhh, don't tell the dog. I noticed your Bengal, what an awesome breed! I'm going to go look at your www link right now. ;)

Back
Top Bottom