I want some color in my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BigQFan

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 29 gallon planted tank with 4 dwarf neon rainbows, 12 rummy nose tetra and a pleco. I will be adding a 5th rainbow when my LFS gets them back in stock, but I'm thinkin I want a little color in the tank too. I know I'm reaching my stocking level but I don't mind a lil extra work keeping it clean. Any suggestions?

Try a Dwarf gourami as they come in a few colors, all which are very bright. It also wouldn't be too much on your bio-load.

azmodan said:
German blue rams or Apistos would add a ton of color.

Gouramis are kind of aggressive. Dwarf gourami killed my bolivian ram. He picks on my rainbows too. Probably gonna put him back in my 10. Longfin danios have some good color on them. Personally I have a thing for rams too.

I was thinking about a couple rams...will they play nice?

BigQFan said:
I was thinking about a couple rams...will they play nice?

Bolivian rams tend to be more peaceful and not as shy as GBRs. But if you want color I'd look for a couple females perhaps. Or just a single male. 2 males in a tank that small would be problematic. A pair could spawn thus becoming more aggressive during the time period.

I would just say go for it and get a ram or 2. Once they settle in they are super interesting to watch. Personally gouramis kind of bore me. But that's just me.

Back
Top Bottom